Fix a flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Seems to mess up TPMS sensors too. My owner's manual says don't use it.

I believe the new/newer versions of fix-a-flat are TPMS safe. At least, that is why they say on the can.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

I remember someone with a car that came with runflats and no place for a spare. I asked him what he would do with a flat, and he said a can of sealant, a cell phone, and a AAA membership.

My car is one of those. In addition to the items you mentioned i also have a tiny little air compressor.

It's almost laughable. No, not almost.

But the funny thing is in 100k miles and almost 9 years I've only been stranded one time...

My Cruze Eco came with a unit that contains fix-a-flat type stuff and a compressor. No spare. Not sure I like that. It does leave me with a little cubby to store stuff under the trunk floor however. 2 years ago I probably would have been fine with it but 2 years ago I had 2 flats due to road debris within a week. Not sure what I'm going to do long term. I definitely wouldn't want to be locked into run-flats. Not much tire selection.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: y_p_w

I remember someone with a car that came with runflats and no place for a spare. I asked him what he would do with a flat, and he said a can of sealant, a cell phone, and a AAA membership.

My car is one of those. In addition to the items you mentioned i also have a tiny little air compressor.

It's almost laughable. No, not almost.

But the funny thing is in 100k miles and almost 9 years I've only been stranded one time...

To be clear - the guy I was referring to had a car where the OEM tires were runflats, and he replaced them with standard tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back