First Treadepot buying experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago, I needed to order 2 ATV tires, and have them shipped to my father (in another state). I remembered that Treadepot.com carried ATV tires, so I checked their site. They offered free shipping on all Carlisle tires, and prices were ~$30 less/ea. than what we could buy locally. I tried ordering online, but the process stated the shipping address needed to be in the same state as CC address. I called their toll free number, and a live person answered on the first ring. This same live person took my order, and completed the sale. No numerous phone menus to navigate through, no transferring of call, etc. Tires arrived within a few days. I plan to be a repeat customer.

Glad to hear this. They seem to be getting popular due to having some low prices and also carrying some offbrand tires. Are their shipping prices reasonable?

If I didn't have a Discount Tire store nearby, I'd likely have bought a set of General Altimax HP's from Td a couple summers back. Had free shipping on all tires at the time.

Got a nice quote on a set of General Grabber H/T's recently. I always go to their site to price shop.

Good to hear you had a good experience. The closer you are to Ga. where the warehouse is located, the lower the shipping charges.

I've introduced others to treadepot and they're happy with them although I have yet to buy from them. I use mainly DDT and have just used the TR for the first time. In my particular applications, apples for apples, DDT has given me the best price on tires/wheels/pkg.

Just got 4 Coopers for my wife's car from Tread Depot.
Called to get a question answered and the person who answered the phone seemed to know what is going on.
Oredered online Sunday night and tires arrived Wed before noon via UPS to central New York.
Also provided with a tracking number.

Got the $50 rebate from Cooper.
Shipping is higher than Tire Rack but they give you $25 off if you buy 4 tires so in the end the shipping is less the Tire Rack.

On a side note I will be filling the tires with nitrogen but will draw a vacuum to remove moisture.
I made up a little rig with a guage and valves with some patrs I had on hand.

Hope to be able to post a few pictures.

It sounds like a good service, but are you figuring in the cost of installing the tires and disposing the old ones?

I've found in most cases, unless you are buying a mounted wheel/tire set, then you will always do about the same or better by buying tires from a tire shop.

The internet tire vendors are good for obtaining a certain tire brand, where a tire shop usually only has a few ready in stock.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
It sounds like a good service, but are you figuring in the cost of installing the tires and disposing the old ones?

I've found in most cases, unless you are buying a mounted wheel/tire set, then you will always do about the same or better by buying tires from a tire shop.

I have a tire machine form Harbor Freight and mount/dismount them at home.
My town will pick up 2 tires a month but if I put out 4 they will pick them up for no charge.

I have a cousin with a tire balance machine.
I'm a electrican by trade so he has the tires balanced before I'm done fixing any electrical work he needs.

I may pay for road force balance this time just to try it out.

Tread Depot was $77 per tire for a 205/60/16 CS4 + $30 shipping for 4 tires
Local price was $116 + [email protected]% + $2.50 disposal per tire in NYS

So after a $50 mail in rebate I have 4 tires for about $288

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back