First Toyota crown in my area. Funky looking.

I was good with Nissan- up to about 2016. I guess my taste in styling is retro. Also at the time wanted a Camry- couldn't do it, ended up with a Accord with some nice rims and a rear end lift- I've been asked what model of BMW it was ;)

It's toyota's version of the X6, Honda Accord Crosstour.

1687544389095.jpg

1687544446441.jpg

Looks similar to a camry to me, I have a superduty and sequoia limited and a bmw convertable. Want another 911 or cayman next , so its not my thing.

Ugly as homemade sin. Love my Camry but this thing ain’t it. Hopefully Toyota doesn’t go this direction with their other vehicles.

I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. But I’d take it over the new Honda Accord any day - those things I just think look awful. And I’d take it over the new Toyota Venza...another one I think that is so bland and nondescript that I don’t know why anyone would want one.

I do LOVE the look of the newer Camry’s - I can’t tell you how many people talk about these things...they love them. Honestly, I’m shocked how amazing they look...aggressive, sporty, athletic, yet with some refinement and class. Best looking Camry I’ve ever seen. IMO.

I own a 2016 Avalon, and to me it’s very bland. I like the rear or the car, but not the front. But I’ll tell yeah, it’s the only thing in my life right now that I don’t have to worry about - I drive it 500-600 miles a week and it never cares - sitting at 123,000 miles and not one single misfire, check engine light, noise, blip, NOTHING. Meanwhile my wife’s Mercedes ML350 is an every other week electrical nightmare. Sam module, lights not turning on, lights not turning off (that was fun). Idler pulleys, interior switches, door panels having to be removed to replace stuff. And has anyone tried to replace a direction bulb on one of these? My lord!! And the brake lines...Mercedes really went to the lowest bidder on this one! Eight hour job, pretty common repair on the ML350 (they rot out). To do it by the book...tank removal, exhaust, heat shields. And Mercedes doesn’t make the lines any longer. Luckily i was able to snake the lines around the tank and rear subframe.

Last edited:
I still don't get why they made this. Someone that wants and SUV will buy a Rav4 or similar. Someone who wants a sedan will buy the Camry. What niche does this even work for that it was worth selling here?

Floating roof style done to death years ago. No rear visibility. Ugly plastic mouth without even a pretense of a bumper.
A 4 cyl hybrid for 50K? Does it cook dinner and do laundry?

The Volvo s90 has got it going on style wise - don't know about other aspects.

volvo s90.jpg

Last edited:
Back