First kid on the way, considering vehiculars

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the Civic is reliable, drive it. It is not like you have a Smart car there or a Miata.

Of course when I was a kid my dad hauled me around in a 65 El Camino and my mom had a 71 Vega with a 360 cubic inch small block in it. lol

So I grew up in impractical cars.

Forester is great!

We get by on two subcompacts with two kids, but it's not ideal. We are going to trade her Kia for a minivan and keep the Echo til it falls apart. Then I don't know what I'll replace the Echo with...likely a Corolla or Camry, but a Subaru isn't out of the realm of possibility.

If only there were more mid-/full-size wagons out there.

Late to this party, but we are due here in about 8 weeks, and we bought our cars for the arrival of our child. Got rid of two trucks (which we miss) but the practicality and the gas mileage were key. The CX-5 is stellar. We're not mini van people.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Just get a Trans Am plenty of room in the back for two little kids and they love LOVE the T-tops...
wink.gif

Right on!!
11.gif
I couldn't imagine how awesome it would've been being a little kid riding around in my parents' Trans Am!!

I actually did for one year around age 6. It was cool and the bright blue Trans Am had the flaming bird on hood with 6.6L in something sticking out of the hood. My mum hated it as the locals in the country wanted to race her and it "spun the tires easily...". My dad worked for the GM distributor in for a small middle easter country so we got a new GM company car every year. Typically a Pontiac Parisienne coupe (Impala?).

Same here. My dad was a banker when we were growing up and they gave him a new Impala every year.

My daughter would love the Mustang I am selling...

...but I am debating whether to replace it with a vintage wagon or a hot rod
laugh.gif

Forester is a great choice as is the Outback. I have my Venza for that reason, wanted a kid hauler that was practical and could bring things like a stroller + groceries.

In hindsight I might have opted more towards the Outback as it had more cargo space than my Venza, but really no regrets. Spacious interior. The Outback was a joy to drive and roomy as well.

The Kia Sorento is a nice alternative as well but price can climb to unreasonably high levels as their packages are an arm and a leg. Something in the same scope as your current forester might be a better vehicle to pursue (Sportage, Forester, CRV, Equinox, etc). If its working out for you of course (do you want more room or is it ok for what your doing atm).

Or you can keep your current Civic and just make it work. I've seen others do it, (four or two door). Just a matter of convenience!. I've seen people load the kid with a drop top Mustang etc!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jcp123
My daughter would love the Mustang I am selling...

...but I am debating whether to replace it with a vintage wagon or a hot rod
laugh.gif

Hot rod, and post pictures!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back