First Bosch OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Bosch filters are on special with Mobil 1 this month at AutoZone (5 qt M1 & Bosch filter for $34). In the past, they've run the M1 bundles with their own filter, but now it's the Bosch Premium. My car takes the 3330. Any views out there on Bosch OFs?

They are great filters. the D+ has epic efficiency (for a full flow) based on some of the particle counts I have seen on here.

Since Bosch (unfortunately) owns Puro now, I wonder how much cross branding is going on. I see Puro has a new high end filter which costs more than the Pure One. Maybe a Bosch?

Bosch Premiums are basically Purolator PureONEs without the grippy paint and silicone gasket. They are very good filters but they aren't meant for long OCIs if that's your plan.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I got a PureONE and a 5qt jug of M1 from Meijer for $31 regular price. Just saying.

Yeah, thanks, I'd be shopping around, but I gotta have M1 0W-40, and there are no jugs and it's harder to find good sales. I'm not complaining about the price on this deal, just wondering about the filter.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Bosch Premiums are basically Purolator PureONEs without the grippy paint and silicone gasket. They are very good filters but they aren't meant for long OCIs if that's your plan.

Good to know...and, with this SAAB, no way I'm doing long OCIs. I won't even do what the manual says (7500). I know this car has the v6 PCV system, but earlier versions of the B245 were sludge monsters, and I'm taking no chances- I do O&F at 5K.

Originally Posted By: Rico567
.....I'm taking no chances- I do O&F at 5K.

The Bosch Premium will do 5k no problem. As said, basically a P1 clone and good for 7500-8k in a well maintained vehicle. For your oci, use the BP with confidence.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

I disagree, though I consider 7500k+ to be a long OCI, I have run them with dino to 7500 with no bad effects and ive cut them open to find an amazing filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back