Firefox 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE IT! Much faster, but the memory usage for me is still quiet high.

All extensions work, and I got rid of tab browser preferences since FF now does many thing that TBF did.

Love the address bar (the awesome bar), don't even have to go through bookmarks anymore!

Tested some known malicious sites and in fact the new feature that stops you from going to them does work.

11.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

What does FF3 with existing bookmark tool bars?

The same as FF2, but in the address bar, just start typing the name you've given to a bookmark and it pops up instantly.

Like for BITOG, all I have to do is type bo and it pops up - it also remembers and combines that with browsing history to come up with the most accurate result.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

The same as FF2, but in the address bar, just start typing the name you've given to a bookmark and it pops up instantly.

Like for BITOG, all I have to do is type bo and it pops up - it also remembers and combines that with browsing history to come up with the most accurate result.

I've been using 3 for a while and didn't realize it had been using the bookmarks. It did seem to be good at guessing what I wanted.
33.gif

The new version is good.

The new version of Opera is excellent!

Quote:

I just use the quick tabs on the toolbar for the sites I visit a lot. (BITOG, AR15.com, MP-Pistol, hotmail, yahoo and the worst one, my work.... )

Bill

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Do you like Opera better Bill? I've never tried it but most people who do seem to like it better than FF.

I use both. Opera is faster on every machine I use it on.

I'd say on my laptop its a 70/30 mix with Opera winning..

On the main machine its a 80/20 with FF.

I don't do IE except one radio station I stream to listen to has major issues with anything but IE.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Pablo
the "most visited" bookmark toolbar makes zero sense.

That was the first thing I got rid of because the awesome bar picks it up.

Another cool feature is FF3 integrates with antivirus software so every download is scanned. Watch the download manager after you've finished a download - it'll say it's scanning for viruses.

Why aren't by tab options working now!!??

Can you give me the scoop on a FF 3.0 add on that automatically opens a new tab when I hit a link?? All my old Tabbing programs aren't compatible and that sucks!

maybe it's an environment issue that I'm using FF3 in at work (HP CDE), but most of the time the back and forward buttons (and right clicking back and forward) do not work. Not sure why. Otherwise I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back