finally removed front vanity plate holder !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Cavalier, the GENIUS dealership that sold it to me screwed the license plate right into the front bumper. No plate holder, just srewed it right into the bumper, and even bent it down the middle, so it follows the contours of the front-end. It's even a bit crooked.

I, or others, have had a couple of minor front-end bumps, so the LP has been bent in several directions, and then bent back, so my LP now looks like a piece of paper that was crumpled up, straightened out, and 'stuck' to the front of my car.

I'm sure all the bumping and bending has stripped the screw holes, so I have no idea what is holding it on, and I'm too darn scared to take it off and fix it, as I'm sure I'd never get it back on. I just hope it holds on until I'm done with the car....

Originally Posted By: hpichris
I wish I could. It's illegal here.

Same here. I had a vehicle where the front plate holder got knocked off when I hit a snow bank at low speed while parking. It improved the looks of the car so much that I decided to just keep the front plate in the back seat. Not one week later, I was pulled over by a state trooper who gave me a "fix it" ticket.

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: hpichris
I wish I could. It's illegal here.

Same here. I had a vehicle where the front plate holder got knocked off when I hit a snow bank at low speed while parking. It improved the looks of the car so much that I decided to just keep the front plate in the back seat. Not one week later, I was pulled over by a state trooper who gave me a "fix it" ticket.
And yet, they're never around to see tailgaters, dui's, or pull over the ricers with loud exhaust cans/"music". I got stopped in 1989 for a loud exhaust with most of the new parts in the trunk waiting for the last few I needed to replace the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back