Here’s an odd duck:

Marlin Camp 45

Another:

AR-15 in 6.8SPC

And:

Winchester 9422

And

Winchester 1892 .357Mag/38Special

These are some of my favorite rifles because they are accurate. Very accurate.

my favorite gun is my Winchester Model 70 super grade 264 win mag. i learned about this caliber in the eighties by my father youngest brother who lived in Chibougamau and still live there. he was and is still an avid Moose hunter. and he always liked rare and potent small and medium calibers. he also introduced me to my second favorite caliber, the 6.5×55mm Swedish.
It looks like you're ahead of the 6.5mm craze with those two classics. The 6.5 PRC doesn't do anything the 264 Win mag can't do, and the 6.5 Creedmore doesn't do anything the 130 year old 6.5x55 can't do.

I sold two 300 Win mags this year. An SX auto and a Sako A7. Both with muzzle brakes. One of those Sako S20s or a Sako 90 Quest would make a nice replacement.
Winchester rolled out pump action centrefires in 308 Win, 30-06 and 300 Win mag. I'm not sure if they have landed in North America yet.
They look like BARs except pump instead of FN autos. Like levers and autos, pumps work well for left handed shooters.

Interested in everyone thoughts here, are most of you gucci $5000 1911 owners, or Glock guys? AR / AK, mossberg vs remington vs whatever.
My Benelli M4 SBS, and my KAC/Hodge 11.5 SBR. They both function boringly, and accuracy/patterning for each is excellent. Just good solid kit.

I always wanted a HK 45 Compact or Sig 229 .357

My favorite firearm was my old Ruger 10/22. Back then I could buy a brick (1,000 rds) of 22 LR for about $20.

Yeah, I was trying to be funny. Springfield made them.
Mine is a Smith Corona, so…

In all honesty favorite gun is like favorite child. Can’t really choose, but here are two that top the list:

First gun, carried in the cockpit during Desert Storm. Still a great shooter: S&W 5906

First Garand, an H&R from the Korean War. Matching parts, including bolt and barrel, from the CMP. A war veteran that is unmolested by “restoration”.

Last edited:
I call BS
I have shot it several times, I call it "the destroyer". It shot through Ar500 sheet at 50 yards. I included a video in which he quotes 3000 fps, but that was really the low average in testing. I have been there at 3500 FPS, countless times. He does build them and sell them to customers. A close friend of mine. We shoot these all the time. I have a Tradition buckstalker I use smokeless, just so I dont have to clean it.
Worse, downright dangerous. There is only one muzzleloader I know of that is designed to run smokeless and it's the Savage 10ML. No longer made
Not really, it is a pressure game, that is all. Shooting a gun is dangerous, not different than double charging a reload. Below, I am going to list a few references. If you are interested.

me shooting it:

If you are into muzzleloading, this info a data is excellent, and no more corrosive powder, or rusted barrels.

Last edited:
My favorite pistol?

CZ-72
1911 Colt and Sig
"Glock" that has zero Glock parts. (think better grip, slide, barrel)
All my Ruger Black Hawks

They ARE nice to shoot, but favorite because so accurate.

I have shot it several times, I call it "the destroyer". It shot through Ar500 sheet at 50 yards. I included a video in which he quotes 3000 fps, but that was really the low average in testing. I have been there at 3500 FPS, countless times. He does build them and sell them to customers. A close friend of mine. We shoot these all the time. I have a Tradition buckstalker I use smokeless, just so I dont have to clean it.

Not really, it is a pressure game, that is all. Shooting a gun is dangerous, not different than double charging a reload. Below, I am going to list a few references. If you are interested.

image_2024-03-28_092037565.jpg

Yes, not really dangerous for someone using an action designed for it and having a pressure setup to ensure pressures are not exceeded.

Back