fake Rockauto app in Apple store

I've been using Amazon, BoA, Capital One, Wells Fargo apps moving money, paying bills, ordering stuff...not to mention PayPal And Venmo...for years with zero problems. If you really think your information isn't already out there... you're living in a dream world.

I've been using Amazon, BoA, Capital One, Wells Fargo apps moving money, paying bills, ordering stuff...not to mention PayPal And Venmo...for years with zero problems. If you really think your information isn't already out there... you're living in a dream world.
Of course everybody's personal information has been stolen / leaked several times over. It's not just that, I don't consider something that's as easily misplaced, damaged or stolen to be as secure as a desktop.

All this stuff has end to end encryption. No one is going to intercept any information being transmitted. It is secure. Assuming you dont download a rogue app.
However with the use of apps, most allow and you agree to some data sharing or collecting. If that doesnt bother you that is ok. In your case it doesnt.
I would suggest just because you are ok with it dont tell others they are living in a dream world for doing their small share to deny profits for those data collectors. One can simply use the browser on their phone without an app tuned into your everyday activities. I do use some banking apps. Been conducting transactions of all kinds since 1996 over the internet. But I choose to limit who has access to my Apple devices AND I limit what parts of my smart devices the app can use. Meaning denying access to photos, camera, location when there is no need for the app to know those things.

@zzyzzx
The same goes for a desktop. Both devices are secure unless the user allows a rogue program access to the device such as a fake app. or rogue website.

Back