Explorer st or telluride?

The wife and I like both of these vehicles obviously the ST is going to be more fun but the Kia is better value. I drove the ST and It was fun the 10 speed shifted great with this engine but haven’t driven the telluride yet

I have not looked, but if it were me, I would be looking for a Kia Telluride forum and reading up on if the engine problems are as common and bad as some say. IF the relatability is not there for the Telluride, then drop it from what you are seriously looking at.

2020+ Explorer and Explorer ST have shown to be quite the money pits.

The 2021 Ford Explorer earned a score of 1 out of 100 for its predicted reliability rating. That’s one of the lowest scores of the year! Owners of the Ford Explorer mentioned that they faced transmission problems, engine issues, drive system trouble, electronic failure, and drive system issues.
Problems with the Ford Explorer emerged when the model was redesigned for 2020. Some say that the Explorer was redesigned too quickly, and it was launched with multiple problems. The 2020 model had 12 recalls to support that claim.

Telluride is the way to go between the two. If I could suggest a 3rd contender - Honda Pilot or Honda Passport, depending on how many seats you need.

Yeah I heard the 2020 year had some issues with the ST. A couple years later everything should be pretty much ironed out I would think

Telluride if you can get one. Can you really trust that explorer given the initial quality information we have out? And why would you if you can get a 100k warranty Telluride.

Agreed but Kia isn't the Mecca of mechanical reliability either.
They have a few ugly ducklings when it comes to powertrain, otherwise their lineup is pretty sound. From everything I've read (never driven one), the Telluride is a solid choice.

The new Explorer took more than a year to iron out all the issues from initial production. Do a Google search. Does that mean Ford is putting out shoddy cars? Probably not, but I'd be hitting up forums and trying to gauge user reviews and experiences within that first year. Same goes with the Kia. Vehicle specific forums are your friend.

Have you noticed if either vehicle(CAR DEALERSHIP) is up charging from MSRP?
If so, consider a more premium vehicle, maybe from Lincoln, Genesis etc.

Given Ford's reliability record (or lack thereof), why would you draw that conclusion?
I’ve been looking at explorer forums for the last year. say what you want about Ford but I have an 06 Mustang that has never had an issue never been in the shop for anything.
I do like the Kia warranty though,

If in stock, sit and drive both. That's the only way you'll know which you like more. Asking a forum will only lead to folks arguing which is best.

There's lots of information online as well. Not from forums but trusted publications.

I’ve been looking at explorer forums for the last year. say what you want about Ford but I have an 06 Mustang that has never had an issue never been in the shop for anything.
It's great that your '06 Mustang has been good to you.
That being said, the roll out of the 2020+ Explorer has been a documented disaster and they really are garbage quality.
But to each their own.

Guess my buddy got one of the good ones as he has a 2020 ST with a bit over 30K on it and hasn't had a single issue from it, and he isn't easy on it. That thing is pretty fast for a grocery getter too, the AWD and TC are unbelievable and that is coming from the owner of a 13 GT500.

telluride.

it is at the top of pretty much all automotive reviews in it's category. it is the highest scoring suv in consumer reports 2022. reliability is excellent. it has an overall score of 97 and a road score of 97. 2022 explorer has an overall score of 47 and a road score of 78 and extremely poor reliability rating.

no bargains can be found, as dealers are aware of the quality of the product. car and driver named the telluride in the 10 best in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

You being serious with that comparison??

A 2006 Mustang has as much in common with the 2020+ Explorer ST as Sputnik has with the Space Shuttle.

FAR more complex vehicle.

Back