Excellent detailing tips! Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Vid! two thumbs up!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif
Thanks for sharing.

Interesting that he uses Lexol for his dash,etc. I started doing that because I like the smell. Guess using leather conditioner for all my interior panels was a good idea after all! :^)

Excellent I use a lot of the same tech. That said, Ilearned a couple things. I generally use aerospace 303 on my interior plastic parts. I think he meant Lexol leather conditioner on the dash, not the cleaner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Interesting that he uses Lexol for his dash,etc. I started doing that because I like the smell. Guess using leather conditioner for all my interior panels was a good idea after all! :^)

if you are looking for a good dressing that has a leather smell I recommend using Meguiar's Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. It is part of their professional series but is sold at most autozones now. Gives a matte/satin sheen and has a great leather smell. Lexol is meant for leather!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

if you are looking for a good dressing that has a leather smell I recommend using Meguiar's Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. It is part of their professional series but is sold at most autozones now. Gives a matte/satin sheen and has a great leather smell. Lexol is meant for leather!

Blue Magic vinyl and leather cleaner semms to work rather well to just clean

Originally Posted By: Russell
Blue Magic vinyl and leather cleaner semms to work rather well to just clean

+1, my favorite. Not only effective but has a nice scent and a reasonable price.

Indeed! I use many of the same methods/tehcniques as Larry/Drive Clean and I have many more of my own. Many that I have shared here over the years.

Its clear from the video that he's using Lexol on a leather dash, not a plastic dash.

I find that if you wax the wheels the brake dust comes off very easy. now using two buckets may be a little overboard. I have never seen scratches from brake dust on my finish.

Sad part is that in today's world with construction, parking lots, trucks and tractor trailers on the roadsit is a dirty world out there and the doors will get dinged, chipped and scratched no matter what one does.

Almost all of the used cars I looked at last month had scratches on the rear bumper from grocery bags and items removed from trunks etc. Most people just don't care it seems

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer

Its clear from the video that he's using Lexol on a leather dash, not a plastic dash.

Wonder if it's genuine leather? Mine of course is that soft padded vinyl stuff,but Armor All Leather Care has kept it looking like brand new,not greasy/glossy,and doesn't attract dirt/dust. Pledge is an excellent interior detailer too.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
I use Lexol on my dash as well. But two buckets? I just wash the wheels last..

One bucket is fine for some people, me personally, I'd rather use 2 buckets and get a dirty car clean without inducing the swirls that one bucket wash is know for. Doesn't really matter when you wash the wheels using one bucket, if your not rinsing your wash media out diligently between dunking it into the bucket, your rubbing dirt/grit/grime and what have you all over the finish of your ride, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back