Ever had an oil filter loosen up.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loosen up? Haven't experienced this personally. I did witness this over the course of a few days, though.

I walked out to the parking lot at work at the end of the day and I noticed huge spot of oil on the ground and a trail of oil leading out the front gate. Driving by, I followed the trail of oil that lead to an oil filter by the side of the road.

I figured someone threw the filter in one of the garbage cans in the parking lot and the oil dripped out of the dump truck and the filter eventually fell out the back (facilities would dump the trash into on of their dump trucks and then drive the trash to the dump).
dunno.gif

A few days later, one of the tooling designers came up to me and asked me if I knew anyone that worked on Oldsmobile diesels; he was having no luck finding a shop that would touch it. I asked him what kind of work he was looking for. He told me the oil filter fell off the engine on his way home and the engine siezed.
grin.gif

FWIW, the engine ran without oil from Hollister to San Juan Bautista (CA) before it gave up....that's about 8 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back