Entrapment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Well, Julian, if your "exposure" happens to be in some impossibly small corner of a topless sunbathing friendly park, just be careful that you're not being invited to provide purpose at your expense; as enlightening as the experience may be.
grin2.gif

I'm having a great time (as I've said before), don't worry about me.
56.gif
grin2.gif
Thank you Gary (spoken and intended very sincerely but with a smile).

This is the first and last book I have for you in my library, even though I consider it a preface to Machiavelli, and even though I really think you should have read the last one (I do wonder if you made it through the CliffsNotes). It's possible this has already passed through your hands at some point in life, but it can be good to be reminisce occasionally (occasionally). There is always a downside (or rather many) when you take the road less travelled, my autodidactic friend-slash-economist. I'm sure I don't have to tell you. Thank you greatly for your poetic opinions on the issue, by the way.
55.gif

I recommend you read the whole book. The entire book, and don't tell me you need to do laundry or something.
56.gif
There are no "CliffsNotes". I'll even go so far as to say paper has a place in this modern age. Alright, alright, it's really just something I'm throwing out on the table again, but... there is a reason for my frankness. I am not the best orator or writer in the world, but even aside from that, many differences certainly exist in the totality of my own version. I truly don't mean to offend you (of all people) belaboring this, just an old habit I suppose. At any rate, I strongly suspect at least one other person here has read and can vouch for the character of the book even if they have their own opinions on the matters addressed as yours truly does (though perhaps it reads differently in the original text). I'll even... oh, alright. There are CliffsNotes, but you would have found them anyway. Every great once in a while though, I actually mean exactly what I say I mean that I say I mean. Whatever that means.
grin2.gif
21.gif

15.gif
15.gif
15.gif

Have a good one. I'll be around.
cheers3.gif

I'm going to decline to end this one now because:

1) the "S" part of the R/S/P violation is incidental. By that, I mean that the subject is the legal issue of entrapment. How the guy got entrapped is incidental to that.

2) the "S" comments in question, while not exactly cloaked in doubt, are not particularly explicit.

All this said, we're right at the boundary, and the owner may disagree, and if that's the case, then I'll have to answer for my decision NOT to lock this down now. Please stay with the entrapment question, and leave the "S" out as much as possible. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
I'm going to decline to end this one now because:

1) the "S" part of the R/S/P violation is incidental. By that, I mean that the subject is the legal issue of entrapment. How the guy got entrapped is incidental to that.

2) the "S" comments in question, while not exactly cloaked in doubt, are not particularly explicit.

All this said, we're right at the boundary, and the owner may disagree, and if that's the case, then I'll have to answer for my decision NOT to lock this down now. Please stay with the entrapment question, and leave the "S" out as much as possible. Thanks.

Good explanation. Sounds reasonable.

the "S" part of the R/S/P violation is incidental.

R/S/P?

Originally Posted By: Cogito
the "S" part of the R/S/P violation is incidental.

R/S/P?

Religion, Sex, Politics

Quote:
This is the first and last book I have for you in my library,

No Dr. Seuss? Julian ...my dear friend ..these stratospheric ramblings of intense thought ...(sigh)

Quote:
There is always a downside (or rather many) when you take the road less travelled, my autodidactic friend-slash-economist. I'm sure I don't have to tell you.

Oh ..indeed. You're either a prophet or a heretic ..either is a kook in today's lexicon.

Quote:
I recommend you read the whole book.

I would need to read it now ..then read it again in 10-20 years for my wetware to integrate it. Such is the fuzzy pixel view as it finally, at least in its own opinion, evolves to HDTV. I would also have to feel some intense need to solve the puzzle. I'm really quite lazy outside of my pet curiosities. There is no fun in Nietzsche for me ..at least in static text. Now a conversation where we both explore Nietzsche ..that would be thrilling, I'm sure.

Quote:
even though I consider it a preface to Machiavelli

Ah- my un-hero. Admired for sense of self interest above all else ..with justifiable conviction. Again, I haven't read his works either ...just acts of those who subscribe to his philosophy.

Although I'm not a person to play chess games of merit, I'm a "High MACH" in some testing thing ..as I am also considered 9 standard deviations high on the Psychopathic Deviant Scale of the MMPI.

What does this have to do with anything you intended to come out of this side (and highly public) discussion? Probably nothing more than "warped minds think alike"
grin2.gif

Have a Happy New Year
cheers3.gif

Quote:
Oh ..indeed. You're either a prophet or a heretic ..either is a kook in today's lexicon.
That has a nice ring to it. Glad I can keep you guessing for the time being anyway.
banana2.gif

Quote:
I would need to read it now ..then read it again in 10-20 years for my wetware to integrate it.
You're too modest.
grin2.gif
You are underestimating yourself though. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Quote:
There is no fun in Nietzsche for me ..at least in static text. Now a conversation where we both explore Nietzsche ..that would be thrilling, I'm sure.
It's not supposed to be fun; it's supposed to be work.
LOL.gif
And besides, you have to read it first. Read parts 9, 7, and 2 at least (in that order if you so desire).

Quote:
Although I'm not a person to play chess games of merit, I'm a "High MACH" in some testing thing ..as I am also considered 9 standard deviations high on the Psychopathic Deviant Scale of the MMPI.
Good Lord, you're nuts!
01.gif
38.gif

I used to have an assessment from when I was very young (5 years or so). It's quite a hoot. I'll see if I can still find it.
shocked2.gif
21.gif

Happy New Year to you too!
cheers3.gif

Ever see The Deer Hunter, oily? Well, every yahoo that emerged from the hills of PA always envisions themselves as De Niro ...while I was more like the bigger goofy guy that would say "effin-A" when sharing an Iron City with my pals. I can blend (cue some David Byrne song Life during wartime)

3 years, 9 months:

Quote:
...... [John] has been attending preschool at [Hogwarts]. His class meets two mornings per week for two and one half hours each session. For the first few days of preschool, [John] began the day with tears and hesitance to leave mommy. In the second week of preschool, [John] had a traumatic experience when he [was assaulted by Barney Fife]. With persistence on the part of his mother and teachers, [John] has stayed in school. [John] is now described as "Mr. Popularity" by some of the other mothers.

Other factors which may have affected [John's] verbal development are listed here. Others have read to [John] a great deal beginning from a very early age. He has been encouraged to use imaginative play. This encouragement has come primarily in the form of interaction with his mother, but he has also been encouraged through the selection of the toys which he has been given. Additionally, the television is frequently on in the home. The television is frequently tuned to Pinwheel House, a program geared for preschoolers, and Sesame Street. [John] does not sit and watch the whole time. Rather, he moves in and out as he plays, periodically pausing to watch.

II. "Free-time" Transcription

The following transcriptions were taken at [John's] home around 9:00 am. When I arrived, [John's] maternal grandmother was present. [John] introduced me to "Gwamma [Jane]" and asked me to sit down. After I explained that I had come to watch him play, [John] said: "Sure, have you seen my woom?" At this point, [Susie] ([John's] mother) accompanied [John] and I into his bedroom and asked him to play with her. Grandma [Jane] remained in the living room. [Jill] ([John's] baby sister) was asleep in her bedroom diagonally across the hall.

1. "Now have this."--- [John] hands his mother two musical instruments.
2. "Now, wet's make a wittle noise."--- [John] picks up a toy saxophone and begins to play.
3. "Now, was that wistening [Patty]?"--- [John] turns to me with a questioning look and holds up the instrument.
4. "See hewre, would Jewry pway?"--- [John] picks up a stuffed mouse and holds it up to the saxophone to make it play.
5. "Suwre, why not?"--- [John] has the mouse playing the instrument with [John's] mouth music supplying the sound.
6. "I told you this would happen."--- The mouse and instrument are moved through the air as though they are flying.
7. "It would fwy."--- The toys continue to fly under [John's] power.

There is a break in the play conversation as recorded here. However, the shift to a different animal was not abrupt. It involved a creative and conversational movement through stuffed animal friendships. The break is due to sketchy transcripts.

8. "Tiger endit feewing well."--- [John] takes the toy tiger from his mother's hand.
9. "See this wittle skin gone."--- [John] points to a spot where the fur has rubbed off.
10. "Got cut with a knife."--- [John] continues to point to the spot.
11. "Yeh, to make it bettewr."--- [John] responds to his mother's offer of a band-aid.
12. "Wet's go in the bafwoom and get band-aid for ow wee."--- [John] takes his mother's hand and moves toward the door.
13. "He got an ow wee, poowr Mistewr Tigewr."--- [John] is turning the tiger and looking at it as they walk to the bathroom.
14. "How bout a wittle band-aid?"--- [John] is watching his mother sort through the band-aids.
15. "Okay, hewre's the ow wee."--- [John] points to the spot.
16. "Yeh, cause they huwt."--- [John] responds to his mother's advice to warn the tiger about not playing with knives.

[John] and his mother return to the bedroom. The tiger is laid aside to rest as another animal is chosen. In the following dialogue, [John] changes his voice to characterize the animal for which he is speaking.

17. "Hewre Mistewr [John]."--- [John] changes his voice to speak for the stuffed Mickey Mouse he is holding.
18. "Well, I'm kinda biggewr than him."--- [John] lifts the Mickey Mouse above his head and the other toys.
19. "Hold Mistewr Tigewr."--- [John] hands the tiger to his mother.
20. "Way up here."--- [John] indicates with his hand just how high the tiger should be held.
21. "Now he's tawwer than Mistewr Mickey."--- No specific action accompanies this statement at first. After a pause, [John] drops Mickey Mouse.
22. "I thouwght that would happen, Mistewr Tigewr."--- [John] shakes his head at the fallen Mickey.

When I arrived, [John] was very excited and began showing off. He was basking in the undivided attention of three adults. [John] would throw out a silly comment, then pause and look and wait for our reaction. He had several fake sneezes that would "crash him down" to the floor. After five to ten minutes, the acting subsided. He remained excited during the transcription. His eyes twinkled, and his smile was constant. Every once in a while, [John] would stand very stiff and wiggle his hands while talking in an excited tone of voice. As we moved into the evaluation period, [John] remained attentive. He easily maintained eye contact with me. Generally, he eagerly answered the questions. At three points, he did display some impatience with my "silly" questions by putting his hands on his hips and cocking his head to the side. ......

Box of band-aids = $4.00
Stuffed animals = $20.00
Resilience = free
Learning a really neat trick before your 4th birthday = priceless
55.gif

This is just another example of law enforcement doing what's easiest to justify their existence. Fighting real crime is too difficult, so either sitting aside the road pointing a radar gun out into traffic, or busting people for lewd conduct provides the path of least resistance during a 12-hour shift.

During the same month that my car was burgularized, followed closely by my home being burgularized, I found out that the Dallas police has decided to dedicate substantial resources to deterring gay men from touching go-go dancers in gay bars. Due to their phsical presense in local gay clubs, apparently one has to hand the $5 bill to the dancer as opposed to placing it in his g-string. Very important stuff in a world of burgularies, rapes and home invasions. If it's too hard to fight real crime, create some easy ones and watch the merit increases roll in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back