Egg Salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up we had chickens. Black chickens that laid brown eggs. Step-mom made us eat egg salad sandwiches almost everyday during summer break when I was a kid. I really hated them. Today when I woke up the sun and the heat and the sound of a lawnmower reminded me of my youth.

Wifey was happy to oblige my memories with her recipe for Hot Egg Salad!

10 chopped hard-boiled eggs (free-range hens)
2 cups chopped celery
1 Tablespoon of dried parsley
3/4 Tbs of onion salt
1 Tbs of dried mustard
1 cup of mayo or salad dressing( I like Mayo but step-mom used Miracle Whip)

I think that's everything, Wifey says one can sprinkle wheat germ over the casserole the last 10 minutes of baking.

Mix thoroughly and pour into buttered casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, serve hot.

I served the egg salad over toasted wheat berry bread. Never had I had hot egg salad. Very fine indeed!

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Growing up we had chickens. Black chickens that laid brown eggs.

A chicken's earlobe color determines the color of the eggs she lays.

Very nice, copy/pasted to my wife's email. I am a fan of the cold sandwich variety, just a bit of mayo, more mustard than most people like hehe, a dash of salt and pepper, and toasted bread that is lightly buttered. The hot toast and cold egg salad is a nice blend, as is the change in texture.

I've been puttion garlic in nearly everything lately, I wonder what some garlic salt will do to that.....maybe next week I'll give it a shot.

This is the first time I've ever heard of baked egg salad
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
Very nice, copy/pasted to my wife's email. I am a fan of the cold sandwich variety, just a bit of mayo, more mustard than most people like hehe, a dash of salt and pepper, and toasted bread that is lightly buttered. The hot toast and cold egg salad is a nice blend, as is the change in texture.

I've been puttion garlic in nearly everything lately, I wonder what some garlic salt will do to that.....maybe next week I'll give it a shot.

I am a fan of cold egg salad myself, wifey really surprised me with this one. We have been together since 1999 and this is the first I have heard of it. I tasted a bit from the mixing bowl before it went in the oven and it was delicous. Baking it seemed to really bring out the mustard spice.

Here I am again to freak everyone out with my odd tastes. No one liked my peanut butter and bacon sandwich in the bacon thread. Anyway, here goes.
I love egg salad with a can of tuna mixed in. Mayo and pepper to taste, served on toast. Awesome.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
Here I am again to freak everyone out with my odd tastes. No one liked my peanut butter and bacon sandwich in the bacon thread. Anyway, here goes.
I love egg salad with a can of tuna mixed in. Mayo and pepper to taste, served on toast. Awesome.

A local cafe has what is called the "Dare Burger". Mayo and Peanut butter topped hamburger. Delicous!

For egg salad I use finely chopped onion, pickle relish, mayo, mustard and salt and pepper. The eggs are mashed into tiny pieces and then I blend every thing well and serve it on warm buttered toast. If I make tuna salad I use chopped egg once in a while and serve it on toast or a bed of lettuce.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer

A local cafe has what is called the "Dare Burger". Mayo and Peanut butter topped hamburger. Delicous!

Mayo AND peanut butter... I gotta tell ya, I'm intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back