Egg prices

Anyone know why Eggs are Skyrocketing again ? Is the Bird Flu back ? 2.12 at Aldi, 2.99 at Kroger for Large white Dozens.

Anyone know why Eggs are Skyrocketing again ? Is the Bird Flu back ? 2.12 at Aldi, 2.99 at Kroger for Large white Dozens.
In Colorado as of jan 1 2024 only free range, and Organic are allowed to be sold in stores.

All the low-carb eaters eat more eggs. I have been seeing mostly empty egg shelves at the market. Luckily I get my fantastegg eggs from my neighbor in exchange for including his property into my security system.

Eggs historically have gone up in price as Easter nears compounded by a bird flu which has been in the news. The prices are still much cheaper than they were a couple years back.

I would try buying some locally from someone selling them. Store bought eggs taste like putty to me.

Chickens don't typically lay eggs in large amounts this time of year. In other words, it's the 'off-season' for them..
For laying, they prefer days with lots of daylight.
Also... what food hasn't had its price nearly double in the last 3-4 years?

Aldi has a dozen large at $1.40 currently. However, a co-worker brings in "homegrown" eggs about every other day. About once a month, I get the whole chicken 😁.

Nope no problem currently getting about 20 eggs a day. Eggs for breakfast lunch and dinner at times.
20240211_061828.jpg

Back