Ecotec lean code

If you get a lean code specific to #4, try swapping that injector with another cylinder and recheck codes. Intake leak can affect just one cylinder. You can monitor fuel trims while spraying intake areas with carb cleaner.

Completely warmed up engine in park at low idle, MAF sensor should report about 2.4 grams/sec of air flow. It's cheap and easy to clean the MAF sensor.

Can you provide the code or codes? It might help narrow down the issues.
+2

I had a lean code, but it wasn't specific to any one particular cylinder. P0174 if I remember right..... Same engine, but in a Chevy Cobalt.

I wound up replacing all four injectors, which on that engine takes about 30 minutes tops. It took longer for the engine to re-learn its normal idle!

2007 Pontiac G6 2.4 ecotec. Engine light on it's reading a lean condition cylinder 4 . Fuel injector? I know these cars have fuel injector issues or maybe I'm thinking manifold gasket?
Those injectors have been a problem. The best were in the old ecotec (Bosch which are bulletproof, a real million mile injector), the worst were the Siemens/Deka and these fall in the middle. Luckily they are dirt cheap, you can get OE ACDELCO 2172907 for under $40ea from Rock.
If it has more than 100K on these I would recommend replacing them anyway, the do not clean well.

Back