E-Core on a motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the subject says, I'm debating using an E-core on my 1984 Honda CB700SC. OK, so not really debating it, probably stick with the Mobil 1 filter, but I had the thought - is there any reason not to? Would it handle the 15w40? Any other concerns?

EDIT: any reason not to specific to a motorcycle - obviously I've seen all the e-core opinions on here for cars.

Last edited:
Dumping the filter's steel center cage might make the difference in there not being enough metal in your bike to trip the traffic light sensor loops.
lol.gif

15w40 at 40'F is way thinner than 5w30 in the dead of winter.

Oil pressure in most cycles is similar (very similar) to auto oiling systems.
Honda specs the same pressure for cars and cycles (street bikes).
Likely have less volume as the engines are much more compact.
E-core works fine on most auto applications. Go from there.

I personally would not do it. While I have not had any issues with E-cores on my vehicles, the empirical evidence of late has me not wanting to buy them in the future.

I wouldn't use an Ecore on anything I own ... also based on the "empirical evidence" on this board.

Thanks for the feedback. So the idea seems to be there's no more reason not to use an e-core on a motorcycle than there is on a car. We'll see if I decide to test it. I am now into testing new oil and filters, but mainly on my beater cars - less so on a motorcycle I like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back