Dump or keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I say leave it in and use the saved money on a UOA

This is a good idea! It'll tell you how the oil handled the trip.

Originally Posted By: TexasVaquero
Start with fresh oil. Valvoline is bad qualify. I had an engine seize with Valvoline.
I had an engine fail running Amsoil, was the failure the oils fault?

Run it, it's a stout oil and will handle that no problem. I'd be more worried about the condition of my tires before a trip like that if it were me.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Run it, it's a stout oil and will handle that no problem. I'd be more worried about the condition of my tires before a trip like that if it were me.

Thank you for your input the tires are in good shape and radiator and transmission were just serviced.

I would keep it in the sump, Valvoline SynPower is a good oil that should go the distance. At 3k miles it should have a lot of life left in it.

It's a full synthetic so good oxidation and thermal stability, plus it's a 10W30 so good shear resistance and low volatility.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Should I dump it early and have fresh oil...?

Dump it early. Same answer to EVERY post of the nature:

1) I have newish oil in my vehicle.
2) I'm going on a longish trip.
3) I'm wavering - should I change the oil?

Of course, change the oil! None of us buffoons have any skin in your game. The down side is maybe $35 worth of oil and filter. The up side is peace of mind and, potentially, you don't ruin your engine.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: TexasVaquero
Start with fresh oil. Valvoline is bad qualify. I had an engine seize with Valvoline.
That tells us almost nothing.

No, and it's not the first time this troll has said it. When questioned for details in other threads where he said it siezed his car he's never come back and explained nor given details.

Probably yet another formerly banned member that just likes to drop useless drive-by statements to get attention.

Yeah, plus considering the whole Valvoline ASE Certification thing... this troll has some research to do.

https://team.valvoline.com/codeform

https://www.ase.com/MediaLibrary/Images/PDF folder/ASE_Work_Experience_Form.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back