Dropbox software - why am I just finding this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSR

It's been a long time since I've been excited about computer software. It may seem like a silly thing to be excited about, but I found a program called Dropbox that allows me to share files between multiple computers. It's perfect for those instances when you need to access the same file from multiple locations. I don't have to email myself the file every time I create a new version. Best of all...it's FREE!

You can even share folders between different users. For example, my wife and I co-manage our family budget within an excel file. We plan to keep the excel file in a shared folder so either of us can access it from any computer. Cool! (I'm a CPA, you have to understand I actually find that interesting.)

I know some of you may have heard of this software before since it's been out for about 2 years, but none of my friends or co-workers had heard of it.

Do any of you use Dropbox?
What's your favorite use of the software?
Are there any other programs like this?

If you want to sign up for an account you can use my referral link below. Using the link will add an extra 250MB of free storage to your new account and my existing account, win-win situation. If not, just go to Dropbox.com.
http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE0NjI2MzQwOQ

Note to Mods: I am not affiliated with this company in any way. I wish someone had told me about this software sooner and wanted to inform others. I saw no existing thread about the software. If the referral link isn't allowed please delete that section of the post. Thanks!

We use it a bit at work, it does work well. I opened a personal account with your link, thanks, I've just been too lazy to do this.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Windows Live Sync and Mesh are sister products in this free marketplace. All of them are cool.

Microsoft Live Skydrive gives you 25GB free. That is the biggest free account that I have found. I use SDExplorer to access it just like a drive in Windows Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back