Driving in the South

Just got back from a trek to Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg from PA. I avoided I95 when possible but it is a necessary evil. Holy heck the amount of construction going on. It's like every bridge & tunnel is being revamped all at the same time on top of I95's express lane expansion. The Bay Bridge/Tunnel was closed due to an accident so that sucked, another 1 1/2 hour to go around with traffic.

Otherwise a pleasant trip but I can confirm NO ONE in VA uses a signal and of course I run into the random NY/NJ drivers who camp in the left lane doing 5 over. Then there is as was stated previously a lot of people from all walks down south & north who don't know what a darn zipper merge is.

I enjoy driving though, my wife hates it and just gets anxiety over traffic because she feels she will never get out of the car. :ROFLMAO:

Just got back from a trek to Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Williamsburg from PA. I avoided I95 when possible but it is a necessary evil. Holy heck the amount of construction going on. It's like every bridge & tunnel is being revamped all at the same time on top of I95's express lane expansion. The Bay Bridge/Tunnel was closed due to an accident so that sucked, another 1 1/2 hour to go around with traffic.

Otherwise a pleasant trip but I can confirm NO ONE in VA uses a signal and of course I run into the random NY/NJ drivers who camp in the left lane doing 5 over. Then there is as was stated previously a lot of people from all walks down south & north who don't know what a darn zipper merge is.

I enjoy driving though, my wife hates it and just gets anxiety over traffic because she feels she will never get out of the car. :ROFLMAO:
5 over in the left lane is much better than the people who camp at speed or below in the left lane!!!! That is common here and in MN.

I actually just left iowa...

The reason you don't have those Altimas there is because they all rusted away long ago.

I didn't find IA drivers spectacular so i would recommend being careful about throwing stones (figuratively and literally because there's are a bunch of gravel/dirt roads in IA and apparently leaving the sand and gravel on the paved streets 24/7/365 is a strategy). You do have Brownell's though so there is that.

But i've been pretty much all over and this stuff you are talking about happens everywhere.

Pro tip - if you're merging it is a lot easier to merge if you are going the same speed as the traffic flow, not 15 mph slower...

I actually just left iowa...

The reason you don't have those Altimas there is because they all rusted away long ago.

I didn't find IA drivers spectacular so i would recommend being careful about throwing stones (figuratively and literally because there's are a bunch of gravel/dirt roads in IA and apparently leaving the sand and gravel on the paved streets 24/7/365 is a strategy). You do have Brownell's though so there is that.

But i've been pretty much all over and this stuff you are talking about happens everywhere.

Pro tip - if you're merging it is a lot easier to merge if you are going the same speed as the traffic flow, not 15 mph slower...
The merging thing is something new that started about 6 months ago. I hadn’t noticed it until recently. Did you come up for the INDY car race?

Having lived in Mississippi for over 8 years, I can affirm the first post is indeed correct...

However, here in PA drivers seem to be worse. Subaru's an Honda's seem to drive the slowest and love camping out in the wrong lane.

Living so close to West Virginia I see some interesting junk rolling around, not to mention Maryland has no inspections after the initial one. Not uncommon to see a truck driving around with a broken frame just driving around... :oops:
I recently enjoyed driving in Virginia, particularly the Shenandoah Valley and Lexington areas. Nice change from crowded NJ roads.

I hate driving through Virginia, especially 81. Last time I did that trip I was driving an overloaded Penskee 16' moving truck with car hauler, which was overloaded as well :ROFLMAO:
I did get caught up behind trucks on 81 that would go in the left lane to pass slower trucks but it would cause a temporary back up in left lane.

I did get caught up behind trucks on 81 that would go in the left lane to pass slower trucks but it would cause a temporary back up in left lane.

Yea, they'd be in all 3 lanes going up the mountain...

I was smart enough to stay in the truck lane. That moving truck was floored and I could only get up to 45mph in that stretch!

Back