Drivers who are clearly in the wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever had an incident, or a near incident with another driver who was clearly in the wrong, only to have that driver get mad at you, flip you off, or whatever, acting like you were in the wrong? It used to be that I'd see this occasionally, but these days it seems common place...What's going on with these people? They seem to think they're entitled to make up their own rules of the road, and if anyone else violates their rules, THEY are in the wrong...
crazy.gif

These people wouldn't happen to be piloting 18 wheelers, would they?

In my experience it's usually vehicles that would be driven by holier-than-thou type of folks.

This happens to me pretty regularly. The last instance was someone riding the passing lane for miles and miles and miles. I stayed a couple car lengths behind them & flashed my high beams a couple times. I could have passed in the right lane but I wanted to teach a lesson. They FINALLY got over after 6 or 7 miles & when I went by they were flipping me the bird.

You have to get over problems with traffic. just be happy you did not exchange dents. It's your job to not get hit. Don't let others take charge of your well being. Just move on. You must have better things to do.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
The dreaded left lane bandit LOL. They are a PITA.

Turtle racing!

Truck in the right lane governed at 64 and granny in the left lane who doesn't want to exceed the 65MPH speed limit.

It's not anything new. I saw a drunk rear end a young man at a red light. They both got out of the vehicle and the drunk sucker punched the guy he rear ended in the face.
And the few times I've used my horn to prevent someone from plowing into me resulted in the person giving me a snide look or a middle finger.

Its life today. You have to be a defensive driver to survive the roads where I live.

Originally Posted By: Branson304
This happens to me pretty regularly. The last instance was someone riding the passing lane for miles and miles and miles. I stayed a couple car lengths behind them & flashed my high beams a couple times. I could have passed in the right lane but I wanted to teach a lesson. They FINALLY got over after 6 or 7 miles & when I went by they were flipping me the bird.

FWIW and I don't agree with the practice, but i have heard people use the left lane in the belief it helps avoid wild life collisions on lightly traveled 4 lane highways.

My favorite ones are the ones that are in front of you at a red light. You can clearly see them playing or texting on their cell phones and the light turns green and of course they don't notice. So I bump my horn at them.....and I'm getting flipped off and hand gestured to death.

Just drive on. You seem to complain about others driving a lot. Are you sure it's not you somehow causing bad driving around you?

Yup just keep your eyes peeled, unfortunately when you're just cruising along minding your own business is usually when it's going to happen.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Just drive on. You seem to complain about others driving a lot. Are you sure it's not you somehow causing bad driving around you?
Good one !

You should live here in Northern Indiana where oncoming vehicles pass a Amish horse & buggy and it's your fault you're coming at them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back