drain plug gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the size of the transmission drain plug gasket used in a 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander?

I'm going to help a friend change his fluid (sump drain & fill ) and I'd love to show up with the right gasket.

If it's anything like the one for my Kia, it's nearly impossible to find. Just re-use the old one. I've re-used the crush washers on the engine and trans on my Kia with no issues. Just don't go crazy when tightening.

Prolly too late now but I have bought assortment packs of copper crush washers on eBay and then just match them up

OK, thanks. If it's a 14mm I'm golden as I have 14's in copper from the Saabs and in aluminum from the Hondas.

When the parts counterman said they didn't have one in stock I figured he was just being difficult.

Thanks again

It's a crushable washer, Mitsubishi part number MD050317. I get 13.8mm ID. It's replaced very oil change. 10 in a packet, I have 7 packets in stock.

Can't delete my post, sorry, I was thinking sump plug. Just use copper...although I do have some trans washers, complete with plug.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I've been using the washers with a rubber grommet from the parts store. I'm at 200k miles on my '07 Outlander and have only needed to replace it once. Easy peasy.

Look the gasket up using Clips and Fasteners (AuVeco) website
smile.gif
and ordered a box. Last you a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back