Do you collect anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I have 28 vintage radios-everything from a Philco 89B cathedral to a Zenith TO 7000-2. I have all the transoceanics with the exception of the clipper (still looking for that one at the right price), a couple of GEs, RCAs, and a smattering of others.

I'd LOVE to start collecting old hifi's from the 50s-60s. All of the ones I've come across are in awful condition though unfortunately.

Lately the only thing I like to pick up is old car and motorsports books. Usually just from a library that's clearing out their old books.

Silver face era stereo's and amps. Have a couple of Pioneer SA units, graphic equalizers, range enhancers and tuners. Don't just collect them, they are my prime stereo units. Listen to them all the time. The sound quality of a 80's Pioneer SA 8800 will blow anything away today.

I collect speakers...of any type. I have well over 60 speakers scattered around my house...
My wife says I collect rope. You can never have too much rope.
My wife collects rocks from places we visit.
Together we collect shot glasses.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Silver face era stereo's and amps. Have a couple of Pioneer SA units, graphic equalizers, range enhancers and tuners. Don't just collect them, they are my prime stereo units. Listen to them all the time. The sound quality of a 80's Pioneer SA 8800 will blow anything away today.

Those 70s-80s era "monster receivers" are incredible!! You're right,no mass-fi Best Buy garbage can touch one of those. I have a mid 70s Realistic STA-2000D and an early 80s Realistic STA-2300 with two Pioneer dynamic processors running in parallel with them (depending on which receiver I'm in the mood to use). They're powering my Electro Voice horn cabinets. I can rattle the foundations of my neighbors houses haha.

O
Originally Posted By: nwjones18
Old Rifles and S&W 10mm's..

What a great collection! I am an unabashed 10mm as well as S&W 3rd generation fan. I bought a G20 just to have a 10mm.

The 5906 I bought in 1990 was with me on every combat sortie I flew in Desert Storm, in a custom holster that my parachute riggers made for me. First gun I ever owned.

I've been looking for a clean 1006, but they're hard to come by.

Your collection of each variant is very impressive.

I've got an old Mauser and a Garand as well...old rifles appeal to me, too....

Last edited:
I guess you can say I collect guns too, but I only have 5 at the moment. $$$ hobby. The only one I would consider a "collectible" is the 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster. Its more sentimental than anything I suppose.

Dad bought it for me when I was 13 for finally getting good grades. I thought it was a toy because it had a gold trigger.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I have 28 vintage radios-everything from a Philco 89B cathedral to a Zenith TO 7000-2. I have all the transoceanics with the exception of the clipper (still looking for that one at the right price), a couple of GEs, RCAs, and a smattering of others.

Pop Rivet, thanks to an old post of yours, I have resurrected collecting antique tube radios and televisions. I counted my stash to date. I now have about 50 units... at least half of them consoles, mostly from the 1930s.

Old soda/beer cans from the 1950's - 1990s found on construction sites inside demo'd walls or ceilings, lever-action rifles, books and of course motor oil.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
Old soda/beer cans from the 1950's - 1990s found on construction sites inside demo'd walls or ceilings, lever-action rifles, books and of course motor oil.

Neat! You should show your findings in a photo thread....

Or have you?

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
Old Rifles and S&W 10mm's..

Very nice! I don't collect anything anymore. I found out that it just had little value in it...owning lots of "stuff".

But...if I had the inclination (plus extra money) I would enjoy collecting vintage military firearms.

Some might say that I collect(or more accurately, have collected in the past- & still have 'em!):
*Pocketknives. I have a bunch of 'em, well over 100 for sure.
*Razors. Too many DE razors; also have 2 of the mechanically marvelous Rolls Razors, one was Dad's.
*Guns- They'd say it, but that would be unfair, numbers are Much less than knives, or even than the razors. Besides, they were all lost in that terrible boating accident.
whistle.gif

*Radios! again, way too many of them, all are transistorized, made anywhere from the early/mid '60's I'd guess, up till recently. Many are shortwave. Includes several boom-boxes with good radios.
*Cameras- several good film cameras, including a Canon AE-1-P, coupla compact 35mm Nikon slr's that I never even used, & several really cool pocket cameras including an original Canon Elph, & the original Olympus model that gave us the first true pocket camera, without a lens sticking out in front. Can't remember the model name, but I still think it's really cool!

These days, it seems all I collect is aggravation.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DriveHard
I collect speakers...of any type. I have well over 60 speakers scattered around my house...
My wife says I collect rope. You can never have too much rope.
My wife collects rocks from places we visit.
Together we collect shot glasses.

NICE!!!! My Dad had a couple of older Marantz and Fisher receivers from the early 70's, then found out my step mom just trashed them.....talk about pain!!!!

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
.... tube type communications gear...Collins, Drake, Hammerlund, ect. ....

You would like my office.

I collect trivia (in my head) and scars (on my body).

Once you have a family member or two expire, leaving you with all their carp, you lose interest in collecting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back