Do you collect anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I can say Knives since I have several and I am a real sucker for a nice one when I see it for sale. I wish that I was a car collector but I dont have deep enough pockets for that.

I don't seriously collect anything, I have a pretty decent LP collection. My personal favourites are my Blues Brothers soundtrack LP and the Sinatra-Basie LP. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's tribute to Cab Calloway is hardly a collector's item but. It's another favourite listen. Not a big MJ fan, but I did pick up a nice pressing of Thriller LP for a song. I'd collect watches if I had the funds. Pens too maybe, I prefer fountain pens to ballpoint, but ballpoints are maybe a bit more practical. Still, I have a couple of fountain pens I always travel with, and only write postcards and other correspondence with it.

I did, however, used to be a fairly serious coin collector in my youth. My Pa and I put together a nice couple of collections which ended up paying over a years' worth of my college.

Some of the other collections here are neat. Tube type communications devices? Not too knowledgeable but I have a '47 Philco cabinet radio with AM/FM/Police band and that thing fills a room with some of the warmest sound I have heard out of anything. Original speaker too! Wouldn't mind having a something-or-other made with Nixie tubes, not sure what would make sense except a clock...but that'd be too mainstream for me.

Cameras...my primary camera is a Nikon N2000 35mm SLR. What a fantastic camera. I can see the appeal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jacky
i also have a large collection of laserdisc movies

I have a few I picked up on a whim at the goodwill store shortly before they quit selling all that kinda stuff. Any idea where I might offload them?

Originally Posted By: DSparks
Dust.

And belly button lint?

Speaking of people gathering dust: the other day I had to give a very obese lady a bath. She had mold growing under some of her skin folds. In these cases, we use actually literally Chlorox in the bath water and go to town with scrubbing brushes. You wouldn't believe the things I have seen grow on and live on people.

hotwheels

I collect old oil cans, the round metal or paper ones. Also collect advertising key chains, and can kozies. Don't have a large number of any of these things, but I keep picking up more all the time. Cans I usually have to buy, but theo hers I get as promotional items.

I have 28 vintage radios-everything from a Philco 89B cathedral to a Zenith TO 7000-2. I have all the transoceanics with the exception of the clipper (still looking for that one at the right price), a couple of GEs, RCAs, and a smattering of others.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I have 28 vintage radios-everything from a Philco 89B cathedral to a Zenith TO 7000-2. I have all the transoceanics with the exception of the clipper (still looking for that one at the right price), a couple of GEs, RCAs, and a smattering of others.

Got a good source for vac tubes?

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

Speaking of people gathering dust: the other day I had to give a very obese lady a bath. She had mold growing under some of her skin folds. In these cases, we use actually literally Chlorox in the bath water and go to town with scrubbing brushes. You wouldn't believe the things I have seen grow on and live on people.

hotwheels

I know that smell.

Model Cars(Mostly BMWs and Mazdas), BMW brochures/posters, etc., Kaiju figures...

model1.jpg

Model3.jpg

Model4.jpg

IMG_0287_zps7b3f89c7.jpg

model2.jpg

goji1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Wow, I have a Philco 89B as well that I'm in the middle of repairing. Antenna coil and oscillator coil primaries had to be rewound.

I've got about 16 radios in my collection, ranging from a 1921 Westinghouse Aeriola Senior to a 1953 Zenith AM/FM radio. My favorite is my 1936 Zenith 10S153 console. Also have an RCA Radiola 18 from 1928, an Atwater-Kent model 32 from 1926, and a Zenith H-500 Trans-Oceanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back