Do I have to be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that I can't change the PCV valve , or better it will cost me over 500 dollars.

Last time that I did oil change I told them to change the PCV valve but the mechanic showed me that when he tried to remove it all the support come out and the valve was staked in the support.

I have to change all the head of the engine if I want change the valve......forget it.

I'm pro for fuel additives but against oil additives, so I was looking for Pennzoil ultra which seems has an exceptional cleaning power.

But here in Canada is impossible find it, unless you want spend over 100 dollars for 5 liter of oil.

So I will use next oil change Red Line which they told me has good cleaning power too due to the esters in it.

Is there any oil that has exceptional cleaning power ?

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Mephy
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Looks like the 20k km OCI is not exactly working out as advertised. This engine should be spotless. That amount of crud would not be acceptable to me especially if I was using synthetic.
I would bring this matter with Amsoil.

Is it possible that is PCV valve issue ?

Yes, a clogged PCV will only accelerate deposit buildup, but it had to get clogged by something in the first place and the only thing it can get clogged by is oil by products.

I dont think you described your daily commute and how the car is driven in general, but judging from your low mileage and the build up, it looks like the oil should've been changed more often.
Short trips, especially during Canadian winters, will put lots of fuel dilution and moisture contamination onto the oil. Synthetics don't deal any better with these contaminants and sometimes have to be changed just as often as dino. Since you didn't do any UOAs, it's hard to say what the optimal OCI for you driving style should be, but the current one is too long IMO.

Mainly highway but a lot of very short trip as well.

Last edited:
You can get redline cheaper than ultra?
Interesting.

Be advised in all the used oil analysis I've seen with redline it's NOT a long drain oil,so keep that in mind when considering cost.
I'd use M1 EP if you can find it. It's cheaper than ultra and redline and proven to go 15000 miles without any issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back