Difference between Asian Blue, and Asian Green

They both seem to be a P-HOAT, other than dye color, what is the difference?

My Japanese tractor needs some coolant, I just put a heater on it. It is green, and the manual says:
Screenshot_20230327_204321_Drive.jpg

Looks like an Asian Green to me. But....I cannot find any Asian green anywhere locally, only Asian Blue. Should I just convert it? Don't know if this diesel needs cavitation protection???

I believe Asian-heritage vehicles used green coolant 10-15 years and slowly transitioned to blue. The blue stuff, at least with Nissan and Honda, is rated for longer usage than the green as well. As you found, the green stuff isn't around much, if at all, anymore, so you can add or use blue just fine.

The peak Asian blue and green are identical just a different color. No need to change it out it mixes fine, the color will be teal. It meets JIS K2234 spec your machine specs.

Looking at several coolants, it seems the JIS K2234 standard is very similar the the ASTM D3306, practically all coolants meet it.

I may just put JD CoolGard II in it as I already converted a couple of my vehicles it the JD coolant. Local JD dealer keeps plenty of the 2.5gal premix in stock and it's reasonably priced. Actually cheaper than the Asian Blue premix at WM. FLAPS charges waaaayyyy too much for oil/coolant.

Toyota pink is super expensive, pre-pandemic $25/gal for 50/50. Too bad Walmart stopped carrying the $8 Zerex pink :ROFLMAO:

Back