Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You should ask 'the right choice?" questions prior to purchase, not after.
Did you really have to say that to him? Why make him upset?

He has a 14 day window to return it.

But I'm curious op. Why do you feel that you didn't make the right choice? What else are you considering?

Apparently no one else read the part where I said there was 14days to return it if I so choose. Well I haven't had an iPhone in awhile so I wasn't sure it was the right choice. a big thing I didn't realize when getting it is connecting to the car via Bluetooth. My old phone all it had to do was have Bluetooth on and you could press the Bluetooth button on the car and it would connect the iPhone it seems like you have to click on the phones Bluetooth and who you want to connect to every single time. Which is kinda an extra hassle I prefered not dealing with.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You should ask 'the right choice?" questions prior to purchase, not after.
Did you really have to say that to him? Why make him upset?

This didn't bother me at all typically this logic is correct in this case I have 2weeks and thought is try something new.

Not sure if I understood the BT issue. Every iPhone that I know will sync up with the car once it has been set up i.e. one time setup. The phone stays in the pocket while in the car and never needs to do re-sync.

The phone remembers the car but you have to click on the phone and tell it to sync on the phone itself where as before with my android I just got in the car and clicked media button and bt and it connected. If I do that it won't find it. Have to have phone find car every time even though it has it saved. It's stupid

Something sounds off on that. My coworker just has to tap the phone button on his Kenwood head unit. Nothing difficult with his iPhone 6.

One thing about a iPhone it'll still be useful and worth something after 2 years. Just upgraded to our 2nd iPhone's and keeping our 4's for the kids and mp3 player. I got the 5S for nothing but a 2 year contract and doing the $10/month for the iPhone 6 Plus for her. Just a lease but frankly in 2 years it'll just set around doing not much.. might as well trade it in for another. I'll do the same the next go around.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
The phone remembers the car but you have to click on the phone and tell it to sync on the phone itself where as before with my android I just got in the car and clicked media button and bt and it connected. If I do that it won't find it. Have to have phone find car every time even though it has it saved. It's stupid

Its your car.....My iPhone hooks automatically to my 2007 MDX bluetooth.

My wife's iPhone 5 automatically connects to the bluetooth in the Torrent and the Solstice - up to about thirty feet away if the car is on. No user input is required unless active devices need to be switched.

Something is amiss with your setup if you have to tell it to connect.

Read online the iPhones are having issues connecting to some cars i guess I am the lucky guy this time lol

Be prepared that simple things, like sending a file over bluetooth will not work, even between Apple products. They want you to use cloud for everything. And you will have to learn to love iTunes and cloud, otherwise it's hard to put files on the device. There are some apps that allow drag and drop from the computer, but its silly since all other platforms have that functionality without the need for special apps.

Also make sure you tweak the cloud settings, unless you want everything on the cloud available to potential attacks.
Other than that you will probably like the rest of the phone and the iOS.

Not sure if he has kids, but if so, iTunes content can't be beat. But I agree that the iTunes software is a really buggy and unwieldy piece of junk that should have been scrapped long ago.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Be prepared that simple things, like sending a file over bluetooth will not work, even between Apple products. They want you to use cloud for everything. And you will have to learn to love iTunes and cloud, otherwise it's hard to put files on the device. There are some apps that allow drag and drop from the computer, but its silly since all other platforms have that functionality without the need for special apps.

Also make sure you tweak the cloud settings, unless you want everything on the cloud available to potential attacks.
Other than that you will probably like the rest of the phone and the iOS.

I use an app called USB Disk on my 4S for document management. Easy to store stuff to it and email it off when needed.

I was very disappointed when I learned that iPhones do not support data transfer over Bluetooth,only audio.

To update everyone. I traded the iphone at the store for the s5 its a much better phone. Better camera better screen and I can do what I want and hooks to my car flawlessly.

Well congrats. Only you can make the decision based upon hand feel and usability. I doubt it was a cheaper phone, the reviews seem to indicate the iPhone 6 is slightly better but it's probably splitting hairs:

"That's a quick look at how the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5s. The S5 displays more of the color gamut, but Apple's smartphones are by and large much brighter. In general, Apple's newest handhelds also outperform the S5 on many tests, making them the more powerful devices."

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-6-benchmark-results,news-19584.html

Too bad you didn't take side by side pics. Any good photographer will tell you that more MP isn't necessarily better, and on these tiny sensors, fewer (bigger) pixels are actually better for the physics of how light works.

The IP67 rating of the S5 is kind of attractive. But like the 6plus, these things are just too giant to be practical.
Let us know how it turns out.

Camera to me looks better but not by much honestly it may look better only because of the screen which is obviously better. Really as far as all that goes they are to similar to be fair. I like androids flexibility in that you the owner can customize and what not. The water resistant deal is really cool actually. Battery life is also quite a bit better than the iphone 6. The s5 isn't to big for me I like the size a lot. The 6 plus is to big imo. Honestly though given that this phone had expandable memory for a lot less than a comparable iphone the 128gb i phone is outrageous and using both side by side I honestly do believe the s5 is the better bargain and the only people I think after using both who won't agree are the fanboys. And apple has some of the most loyal fanboys rightly so they build a good product but it's overpriced and under performs for my needs and wants.

Last edited:
I also don't take a whole lot from most of the online reviews. They're usually biased one way or the other. Now a lot of Them are pushing the LG g3 which isn't better in the real world than the s5 but it's a couple months newer so it's the new golden child.

One more thing about iphones, they do not like cold and shut down. That's what turned my friend away from iphones. One day, during winter he hit a pot hole near his house and damaged the car. He wanted to take pictures with his iPhone and it simply shut down on him and it was barely below freezing. Later on his brother came in with a blackberry and took the pictures without problems. He's got a blackberry now and has no regrets.
Androids don't have this problem as well.

Last edited:
I went online out of curiosity and couldn't find one review that said the iphone was better.

I'm still using an iPhone 4S 16GB. I've had it for 2 years (I paid nothing for it (free upgrade at the time with 2yr contract).

A few of my coworkers have the new iPhone 6 (they always upgrade to the latest thing out there) and seem to like it.

IMHO it only makes sense to "upgrade" when it's free with a 2yr contract. Typically this means being two generations behind but Apple releases new phones so often they barely improve among different generation phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back