Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you this much, going from an iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6 was a major improvement. WOW, what a difference. I really like Apple Pay not the mention the phone is a whole lot faster. What a difference in 2yrs.

Security-wise iOS is light-years ahead of Android. No OS is 100% safe but iOS is inherently safer than Android as long as you don't jail-break the phone. Plus cost-wise you can always trade in a 2-year old iPhone for more than it costs to purchase the newest iPhone(at the 2-year contract price). Enjoy your new phone.

I just went the other way, from an iPhone to an Android phone. I will post my thoughts in my thread about the Droid Maxx (which I bought). Bottom line: both phones have their pros and cons. I don't consider one to be better than the other...just different...and better-suited (or not) to certain tasks.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I just went the other way, from an iPhone to an Android phone. I will post my thoughts in my thread about the Droid Maxx (which I bought). Bottom line: both phones have their pros and cons. I don't consider one to be better than the other...just different...and better-suited (or not) to certain tasks.

That will be interesting. One thing that amazes me is that so many droid-owners always belittled iphones for certain elements related to battery and memory, yet now were seeing all these droid phones with everything tightly integrated and not interchangable in the name and interest of slick design and engineering.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
One thing that amazes me is that so many droid-owners always belittled iphones for certain elements related to battery and memory, yet now were seeing all these droid phones with everything tightly integrated and not interchangable in the name and interest of slick design and engineering.

This is particularly true with the "Droid" line of phones through Verizon. I'd say that "most" Android-powered phones have expandable storage and accessible batteries. Neither of these are really critical to me: nearly every phone has a replaceable battery if you take about 5 minutes with a small plastic tool and open the back. And I'm not a storage hog, so even the smallest of on-board storage options generally works for me. But it's a keen observation in general, yes.

Here's something you should read, as it will structure your financial life infinitely better, but I am already sure that you won't read and follow it:
"If You Can
How Millennials Can Get Rich Slowly"
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29031758/If You Can.pdf
"Hurdle number one: People spend too much money. They decide that they need the newest iPhone, the most fashionable clothes, the fanciest car, or a Cancun vacation."

But why would you want to listen to a financial writer when you can listen to yourself and have a new iPhone?

Report/ignore my posts as you see fit, but you were the one who's always aired your financial/personal laundry on BITOG for discussion, so I would find that quite ironic.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
"If You Can

Quote:
The optimal strategy for most young people is thus to first max out their 401(k) match, then contribute the maximum to a Roth IRA (assuming they’re not making too much money to qualify for the Roth, approximately $200,000 for a married couple and $120,000 for a single person), then save in a taxable account on top of that.

I didn't read the whole thing but interesting to see this, as the advice I see posted more often than not is to max out one's 410K rather than to save in a taxable account.

so this is a question complain of style/usability?
at your former place and your new place, what phone does your co-workers use?
better, what tweaks to a phone? case? screen protector? military grade/waterproof? apps used in your trade? (camera, level, scientific calculator, unit conversion, parts finder, vehicle specs....)
is there somthing particular you don't like about the 6?

i have an iphone 5s, but the bigger case already save my **** a few times from unexpected drops(one right after handling a weepy gallon of 5-20 synth supertech, thank you....)

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Gotta live life dude. Plan for the future....yes. Life could end in a second and all your savings goes bye bye.

It doesn't go bye bye, it goes to my wife and child.

Use it for two weeks and then decide.

I am not a fan of Android at all (too difficult for me to use) but I really liked the s5. I think both are excellent. I personally use iPhone's but for work develop mobile web applications and use everything(95 different devices to borrow at work).

Originally Posted By: IveBeenRued
Security-wise iOS is light-years ahead of Android. No OS is 100% safe but iOS is inherently safer than Android as long as you don't jail-break the phone. Plus cost-wise you can always trade in a 2-year old iPhone for more than it costs to purchase the newest iPhone(at the 2-year contract price). Enjoy your new phone.

I noticed this. Three years ago I got a iPhone 4s for $100 with verizon 2year lock in. Verizon trade-in gave me $200 when I traded it in for purchased iPhone 6 purchased outright.

Not sure if Samsung stuff gets this type of resale.

For $450 I am elated to have the best smartphone yet to me iPhone 6.

Originally Posted By: IveBeenRued

The security part of this post is blatantly false when it comes to the OS.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Here's something you should read, as it will structure your financial life infinitely better, but I am already sure that you won't read and follow it:
"If You Can
"Hurdle number one: People spend too much money. They decide that they need the newest iPhone, the most fashionable clothes, the fanciest car, or a Cancun vacation."

But why would you want to listen to a financial writer when you can listen to yourself and have a new iPhone?

Report/ignore my posts as you see fit, but you were the one who's always aired your financial/personal laundry on BITOG for discussion, so I would find that quite ironic.

How exactly was my thread about phones even relevant to my financial situation in which you know not the [censored] thing about! Here's the deal I don't do lavish vacations I don't have fancy clothes or anything irregular at all. I own very modest economical cars and live in a rather conservative manor yet because I own a nice cell phone I must be financially stupid and irresponsible. Give me a break. you and the few rude [censored] hats like you judge everyone....and think for some odd reason every time anyone mentions buying a luxury that they are wrong and are some how discussing their financial life. This post has not a [censored] thing to do with my financial situation and do not pretend you know what you are talking about. I am tired of people like you cluttering threads with your regurgitated bull you want to derail the thread fine but if you want to discuss my finances any further do it in a pm. Do not clutter the thread. Honestly people like you with your nose in the air and you obvious arrogance makes me sick. amazing that some people have the stones to act like you.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: ram_man
and live in a rather conservative manor

Pics?

crackmeup2.gif

I've obviously underestimated his wealth

It's amazing how stupid some of you can be amazing you have nothing better to do than pick on someone online.

ram_man, I assure you it is not personal and from what you post, you appear to be a hard-working young man. I applaud that. My thoughts on finances (and therefore buying new 'things') have changed over the years and I feel strongly about trying to educate or at least open other people up to the possibility of sharing some of my viewpoints. If you don't share them, that is fine, but perhaps I (or someone like me) might influence a third party or lurker to question how they themselves are handling things (could be in a similar or not situation to yourself).

Also, as someone younger than me (I'm guessing 8-12 years or so), you're used to putting lots of info about yourself or situation online. That's how and why we bring up seemingly unrelated topics into others when they seem to intertwine with you. Happens with other posters also.

I'm sure a new iPhone 6 or equivalent Android is a very capable, amazing computer; I still feel they aren't necessary for the majority of people, though. If you keep it, enjoy it and know that it is likely a luxury/entertainment purchase, as a similar phone could be had for cheaper. That's all. Take care!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You should ask 'the right choice?" questions prior to purchase, not after.
Did you really have to say that to him? Why make him upset?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You should ask 'the right choice?" questions prior to purchase, not after.
Did you really have to say that to him? Why make him upset?

He has a 14 day window to return it.

But I'm curious op. Why do you feel that you didn't make the right choice? What else are you considering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back