Did I make a noob mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has given me a new perspective on my fellow riders. I never ride two-abreast in a lane for obvious safety reasons. I have never had any hesitation to pull up beside a brother rider if they chose to align themselves to the left or right of center. I do this myself to make room for another bike.

I have never in my life had an issue from anyone. If they stay in the center of the lane then I take that to mean that they do not want anyone else occupying the lane with them. If they make room then I slip right in beside them. Heck, I've made a few fun riding friends this way.

I realize that people in the south are different but I just can't imagine someone stabbing another brother rider because they shared a lane with them at a stop light.

I have ridden on the street for 47 years, and I do what you did occasionally, depending on circumstances. Only once did I get any negative feedback, from a guy on a cruiser who seemed to think I wanted to race him. Otherwise.....Most riders I know would just give you a nod in acknowledgement, and proceed.

Riding next to a stranger is a whole other thing. I do not appreciate that, because I don't ride side by side with anyone......And I find someone trying to ride next to me presumptious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back