Dexcool by the quart

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I swear I saw a quart of 50/50 Dexcool at a gas station or somewhere a few years ago. I would like to pick one up for top off. Has anyone seen these around recently?

that's an interesting concept. never seen it sold by the quart. word of caution: If I had dexcool in my car, I would flush and refill every 3-4 years. Dexcool has a nasty history of actual eating away at the intake manifold gaskets: Dexcool uses an acid technology that eats away at the plastics in the gaskets as it ages. simply google "dexcool mud" or "dexcool problems"

theoretically, you should never have to "top off" your cooling system, as it is a sealed system.

Dishdude: Chevron has quart coolant bottles, but I'm not sure if they are 50/50. I believe Exxon/Mobil is also Texaco, and Texaco has Dexcool in quarts also, but again I don't know if it is 50/50. Try a Chevron station

Tomcat27: If Dexcool eats some gaskets (which it does), Flushin and putting in new Dexcool shouldn't stop it from eating the gasket. I believe the gasket problem is only with some V6 GM engines. The new V-8 Voertex does not have any coolant near the intake gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back