Too much antifreeze to water?

To be honest i have a slight problem with my cooling system. Everything is in tip top shape but the fan shroud is missing and i can't find one anywhere in stock new or not broken. Temp tends climb quickly in traffic on hot days. I have a 80c thermostat but it quickly opens all the way and electric fans kick in at about 95c. I'd like to know if a proper mix of 50/50 or even 40/60 would help a bit when the thermostat can't cope anymore.
Less glycol will definitely help if you're currently using 65%+. The conductivity of coolant changes quite a bit with glycol concentration.

Water-Glycol Conductivity.jpg

Something else to keep in mind is that even if your radiator was able to keep coolant temperatures in the normal range with a high-glycol mix, the cylinder head and liner will run hotter at a given coolant temperature. This could increase the risk of knock and piston deposits, and could potentially increase wear by reducing the oil film thickness at the piston rings. Engine damage will occur more easily if the engine ever does badly overheat.

I'd use 40-50% glycol. Too little glycol could start to reduce engine efficiency by cooling the cylinders too much in normal driving. It would also reduce the concentration of the corrosion inhibitors.

Less glycol will definitely help if you're currently using 65%+. The conductivity of coolant changes quite a bit with glycol concentration.
Something else to keep in mind is that even if your radiator was able to keep coolant temperatures in the normal range with a high-glycol mix, the cylinder head and liner will run hotter at a given coolant temperature. This could increase the risk of knock and piston deposits, and could potentially increase wear by reducing the oil film thickness at the piston rings. Engine damage will occur more easily if the engine ever does badly overheat.
I'd use 40-50% glycol. Too little glycol could start to reduce engine efficiency by cooling the cylinders too much in normal driving. It would also reduce the concentration of the corrosion inhibitors.

Good point.

Kühlmittel Audi Customer Racing R8 LMS GT3 - 65 zu 35 % bis -20°C.jpg

If you really think it has too much coolant, drain half a gallon, then put in a half gallon of water. Drive it until hot an test with one of those tools linked above. Should be fine.

Back