DENSO and MOTOCRAFT Ignition coil for Ford V8 the same exact product/ part?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I am trying to determine if the DENSO 6736008 is the same exact part as the MOTOCRAFT DG543. I am in need of a ignition coil for a 2004 Lincoln Navigator 32V V8.

RockAuto lists the DENSO as the OE, inquiring from the master mind group if the DENSO part is the same exact part (less the rubber stamp that says DENSO/MOTOCRAFT) as the MOTOCRAFT. The DENSO part is $13.20 less expensive. For a V8, that is a base savings of $105.60 if one wants to replace all eight coils at once.

No one here knows unless they work at the factory that produces these parts.

Could they be ? Absolutely.... Anecdotal story - many years ago I used to go to the Ford engine plant in Lima OH and saw crates of DENSO parts being unloaded on a daily basis.

Would it be possible to post pictures of both items?
These pics are from RockAuto. Not sure they will add any value.
motocraft coil.jpg
denso coil.jpg

Would it be possible to post pictures of both items?
Odds are an OEM part and a Duralast from Autozone will look exactly alike and that's no assurance that they're made by the same company. They will look exactly alike because the aftermarket copies the OEM part. For many aspects, they have to so that it fits.

Allegedly Denso is the OEM to Ford and I have no reason to doubt it.

Brand definitely does matter, I wouldn't run anything but Denso or MC purchased from a reputable supplier. Ebay is full of fakes and Amazon, too, although there are some reputable sellers on Amazon. There are also actual Ford dealers who sell on eBay, too

Denso could be the OE supplier :unsure:

According to Opticat, both are made in China.
The Bosch coil is made in Solvenia.

For some reason, Ford likes to keep their suppliers a secret when nobody else is afraid to mention them :rolleyes: :sneaky:

Back