delco UPF vs. oversize.... FLOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the best flow possible for my 01 camaro SS.

I can use a delco gold UPF-44,
Or a K&N filter, 2006 the long one. Which one do you think would flow more? The upf supposedly flows crazy, but its a lot shorter than the K&N oversize....

any comments?

I would imagine that you are really splitting hairs between the two as far as flow. Given the much better filtration of the upf's,......they would be my choice.
smile.gif

great! does anyone have the PN for the UPF 44?

(wish I could find UPF 58 or 59!

Eldawg...I have a dozen new UPF 44's I will not be using. I planned on installing them on my 67 Pontiac due to header clearance problems but went with a remote filter setup instead. One of the filters has had clean oil pumped through it but was never run on the engine (I primed the oil pump with a drill with the filter on). I paid over $100 for these. I will take $60 plus shipping if you are interested. [email protected]

Well I wouldn't say that they are better than any filter. The donaldson and fleetguard filters can also be had with a full synthetic media that will filter down to 7 microns (8 microns for the UPF's)......But those are kind of pricey and rather hard to find.

That is correct , but the flow advantage of the UPF's , in my opinion, make it the BEST overall selection. (We are also a big user of FLEETGUARD filters on the farm).

Does any know the part number for a 2002 Camaro Z28 and a 2003 Silverado 5.3. I'm looking for the longer filter. I'm now using Napa Gold 1522's and both engines take the same filter. If these UPF's flow and filter better I'll switch.

I'm no sure if the part numbers would be the right one for my engines.

[ December 09, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Chris B. ]

quote:

Originally posted by CETME:
where does one get these filters? what makes them so good?

You can get them at any GM dealership. They have a full synthetic media (no cellulose), they filter down to 8 microns and have a phenomenal flow rate.

The longer filter would be the UPF 58 or UPF 59, but GM does not make these. The only UPF filter fitting the GM LS style engines, including the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 truck engines is the UPF 44. The otehr UPF filter, the UPF 52, is for LT1/LT4 Corvettes.
quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
Does any know the part number for a 2002 Camaro Z28 and a 2003 Silverado 5.3. I'm looking for the longer filter. I'm now using Napa Gold 1522's and both engines take the same filter. If these UPF's flow and filter better I'll switch.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
The longer filter would be the UPF 58 or UPF 59, but GM does not make these. The only UPF filter fitting the GM LS style engines, including the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 truck engines is the UPF 44. The otehr UPF filter, the UPF 52, is for LT1/LT4 Corvettes.
quote:

So who makes the UPF 58 and 59 if GM does not make them and where do you get them?

Would I be better off using the long Napa Gold or the short UPF 44? Which would be better for my engines(2002 LS1, 2003 Vortec 5.3)? Thank you!

quote:

So who makes the UPF 58 and 59 if GM does not make them and where do you get them?

Champion did manufacture the entire UPF line. Only the 44's and 52's are available now. The others have been discontinued.

There might be a few 59's still available from the last production run. I bought 30 from a dealer in PA about 6 months ago. Last time I checked partsvoice, there were a few, 13 IIRC, at a dealer in WA and 1 or 2 at various other dealers around the nation. PN's for the UPF58 and UPF59 are 25322838 and 25329390, respectively.

Now that they've been discontinued, it's much easier to negotiate price, so don't be afraid to ask. I ended up paying $4 each for the 59's.

Happy Hunting
biggthumbcoffe.gif

If I can't find them do you think the UPF 44 is superior to the Long Napa Golds(WIX) I have been using even though the UPF 44 is shorter? Will it floe better then the long filter? So far the Napa Golds seen to work well for my engines but if the UPF 44 is better, time to switch! Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back