DELCO PF59 Vs. Super Tech ST3675

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the local wal mart today picking up oil (mobil 1 for 3.60 a quart) couldnt refuse buying a super tech ST3675 because it was 1.97....

should I stick with the PF59 or change up to the super tech? From using the search, it seems people may like the super tech better, better filtration and what not... the car is a 92 seville SLS

lol i dunno... autzone has mobil1 for 5 a quart but i save 1.40 a quart at wal mart! lots of other things for cheaper also...

My Dad has an '02 Caddy Deville that I maintain.

We did about 3K of break-in on dino oil and then we swiched to Mobil 1 10W30 (we get the jugs from Walmart for 17.88).

While I was in Walmart getting the oil I decided to pickup the ST3675 (only other option was Fram from Walmart). I cut one apart and I can't see any reason not to use it. I was so pleased with the filter I went back and bought several more. I did notice that there are two versions of the ST3675. One looks much better built than the other but they are both decent. I try to get the one that I think is better looking. I usually check the boxes or wait until I hit one of the other Walmarts in the area. You can't beat $1.97 and they are probably as good as any other filter out there.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
How come the Wal-Marts around here, never have deals like this?

Groucho,
I recently found out a Walmart manager can have a price War with another Walmart and a College town Walmart will be more pricy than a non College town

Pennzoil,Castrol in the 5 quart jugs are 7.88 here ,7 miles up the Interstate it is 5.88 on sale.

Farmers here for some reason prefer Mystic HD oil over others percentage wise . Walmart stocks it further down south in my State but not up here,,because of the for lack of better " mindset" I found more jugs of the Mobil SS yesterday while on a cruise that seems to be a undesirable oil in some parts of Oklahoma and it was more or less clearance priced.

Mobil SS 6 quart cases are 28 something here,7 miles up the road is 23.97

I really believe that boards, such as these, are causing major shortages of preferred oils at the local Wal-Marts. I have yet to see a 5w-30 Chevron Supreme, the 10w-30 Chevron is down to bottle on the shelf, if that. The Pennzoil with Purebase is very low. I have never seen one 5 Qt jug of Mobil One at any price.

Next I'll check out the Phillips Trop Arctic at Target, which had a substantial inventory 6 weeks ago the last time I was there.That is, of course, before Dragboat, started his testimonials.

Thanks Bob, Dragboat. Uh, I think?
confused.gif

Walmart sells based on the low price. Walmart has not competition around here, Kmart is 100 miles away (closed one here) as is other Walmart.

Fram and the Super Tech sell for 1.97 here all the time.

There are literally six Walmarts in a 30 minute radius from where I live. Only two of them carry my preferred Chevron Supreme 10W30. The two that carry it rarely have any 10W30 (sells out immediately) and sometimes they have 5W30 or 10W30. I'm sure it is the price that makes this oil move. I grab all the 10W30 whenever I see it -- be it one bottle or 3 cases
smile.gif

I discovered yesterday that my local K-Mart (my other favorite store
smile.gif
) now has Havoline 10W30 (the ChevronTexaco version not the Equilon version) but they charge $1.27 per quart vs. $1.08 per quart for the Chevron Supreme version of the same thing. Go figure.

Dunno........Super Tech filters are always all $1.97 here.....permanently.......
quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
How come the Wal-Marts around here, never have deals like this?

Wal-Mart here just raised Mobil 1 from $4.07 a quart to $5.00 as of last Tuesday. I now have to go t Target and get it, where it's $4.09 a quart. I also noticed Wal-Mart has more Super Tech filters in though. I've checked all the places around here, and next to the Super Tech filters, Purolators are the next cheapest at a $1.00 more at Sears. That is unless Checkers or Wal-Mart have a sale going.

I have also found price differences at Walmart. I was looking for a particular fishing reel today at one Walmart and naturally had to visit the automotive section. They had quarts of Mobil 1 5W30 for $4.79. I went to another Walmart later to find the reel, and the same Mobil 1 5W30 was $3.80 a quart. Maybe it was mis-priced?
dunno.gif

I still haven't been able to find any of the 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 at Walmart lately. I wonder what happened to them
confused.gif
Joe

I don't think Walmart dictates their prices to all stores. I think they can set what they want. I say this because I see a huge varience in prices on things. For instance, my son's diapers are $19 at one Walmart, while another sells the same size package for $25! It's worth the longer drive for the cheaper price (plus that particular Walmart has a better oil section)
grin.gif

Patman, what's the micron rating on those things? Have you compared flow rate to other types? I'm guessing those are only sold without bypass valves?
grin.gif

As for Walmart, I agree they fluctuate. But I thought it was just that they rotate through the same set of sales, each using leaders based on market?

David

I'll have to do some comparing around here on the Mobil 1. Hell I live in Wally World land over here. We have three super Walmarts and a Sam's wholesale. And I've been buying my oil at Advance autoparts, go figure...

quote:

Originally posted by JWRENCH:
I'll have to do some comparing around here on the Mobil 1. Hell I live in Wally World land over here. We have three super Walmarts and a Sam's wholesale. And I've been buying my oil at Advance autoparts, go figure...

offtopic.gif
Speaking of Sam's Club, do you think that the 30 dollar a year fee is worth it? It just went up from about $17 a year. I spend the money on the membership and never go. I maybe go twice a year to "save" money on Mercury Quicksilver for my boat. I pay $12 a gallon at Sam's compared to $16-$18 at Walmart or other boating stores. I guess I pay for the "savings" at the beginnig of the year with my membership dues. Go figure
dunno.gif
-Joe

[ December 15, 2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

quote:

Originally posted by OneQuartLow:
Patman, what's the micron rating on those things? Have you compared flow rate to other types? I'm guessing those are only sold without bypass valves?
grin.gif

Hehe, based on how bad these diapers leak, I'd have to say they are made by Fram!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back