Deer Tick Bite

Sorry to heat that. Tick bites are nothing to be messed with especially in our area which is the epicenter for Lymes disese. I had Lymes and fortunately it was diagnosed early and was treated with no lingering effects. I currently have a family member going through a difficult time with Lymes because it was not caught early on. Definately spray your legs folks.

Lymes disease can have some very long lasting lingering neurological effects. The symptoms might mimic other diseases. Years ago I had an equovical Lyme's titer test but got the proper antibiotic anyhow as a precaution. Glad I did.

deer tick
tick.jpg

Wikipedia

Last edited:
A few years back I found a dead dried up tick in my belly button. I was covered in a rash and itching like crazy. Had a bullseye rash where the tick was, thats how I found it. I went to the doctor and he said " yeah its that time of year, everybody is getting tick bites, you'll be fine". He sent me home and billed me a 100 bucks. The title medical professional doesn't mean anything to that guy. No tests and didn't even send the tick off to the lab, he didn't even look at it so I just threw it in the trash.

Put me in the hospital four days. Sickest I have been. Learned my leson....tick spray on my skin
Hope your doing fine. They say it can cause problems years down the road.

A few years back I found a dead dried up tick in my belly button. I was covered in a rash and itching like crazy. Had a bullseye rash where the tick was, thats how I found it. I went to the doctor and he said " yeah its that time of year, everybody is getting tick bites, you'll be fine". He sent me home and billed me a 100 bucks. The title medical professional doesn't mean anything to that guy. No tests and didn't even send the tick off to the lab, he didn't even look at it so I just threw it in the trash.
Suggest you get a second opinion on whether you need treatment because of that combination of a tic bite and a bull's eye rash.

Reactions: Arc
My PA relatives were complaining about the ticks. I check for them every time after being out and about.

You need to get under the care of a Lyme Literate MD as soon as possible for the comprehensive testing ($3000+).

Most of the Lyme-Literate MD/testing/etc will not be covered under any insurance, they might pay but you will pay out of pocket and then file.

This is nothing to play with. The sooner you are examined, tested and treated if Lyme, the better.

My wife is going through this right now. She has a book of symptoms, including seizure-like episodes (she was diagnosed previously with Epilepsy, although no Neuro will say that you "develop" Epilepsy, especially in your 50's), zombie-like activity, where she either stops participating in a conversation, acts like she's sleep walking (while in an office setting) or she has "passed out" and found herself in the bedroom floor (all of these after a "seizure" in the middle of the night).

The 'seizure' activity didn't involve the convulsions on the floor, they were mainly periods of non-responsiveness after something woke me up in the middle of the night I nudged her, she would not respond for 60-90 seconds, I mean NO RESPONSE, I was trying to roll her over in the bed like rolling a log over on the ground. Nothing. She wore a heart monitor for 30 days, on one day (midnight and 7 am), it caught a 20-second pause and 13-second pause in heart rhythm. She was sent to an electrophysiologist who wants to put in a pacemaker.

The LLMD shook her head.

Anyway, I can go on, but again, this can be serious. Lyme is not seriously recognized by many in the medical community because the CDC does not fund much study on it. It's a political football.

Use the Google. Lyme Literate MD in your area. There's supposedly a highly educated Doc in the DC area on this.

Last edited:
In my case no Lyme. Just infection. Doxycycline anti-biotic.

Doxy is the #1 prescribed anti-biotic to start a treatment for Lyme. If you don't care, would share how the testing for Lyme was done? As I understand it, most medical facilities don't test for Lyme and those that do, send their work to LabCorp or Quest and those two entities don't perform comprehensive tests and their marker count is much higher.

In any case, I hope you don't have it and don't see any more effects.

About 6-7 years ago I was hospitalized for a week because of a tick or mosquito virus (doctors never figured out what it was after 80+ blood tests). Absolutely the worst thing I've ever had. Really did a number on my liver too.

Reactions: Al
I dug one out of my armpit about 4 days ago. Very painful red spot where the bite was but no rash and it’s fading away. Guess I got lucky.

FYI: Lyme is a town in SE CT; its proximity to Plum Island, NY (animal disease research site) created a conspiracy theory as to the origins of the disease

A friend's cousin got it in the early 1990s and doctors didn't diagnose it until he was rolling around in a wheelchair. That is more a comment about the difficulty of identifying the disease than it is of the skill of the doctors.

Seems people can't fathom the idea of animal to animal transmission of diseases. Humans aren't specifically exempt from this.

It's not only Lyme disease/borreliosis that you may catch from infected ticks but also TBEV. That's a type of encephalitis that can and often does cause long-term problems in many who have been infected. We do have a vaccine for TBEV called TICOVAC. You cannot rely on your immune system to protect you from borreliosis or from TBEV. In some areas, almost all ticks carry one or both pathogens. My blood tests show antibodies for borreliosis but I never came down with the disease. I spent a lot of time outdoors when growing up. Tick bites were a common occurrence.

Last edited:
Doxy is the #1 prescribed anti-biotic to start a treatment for Lyme. If you don't care, would share how the testing for Lyme was done? As I understand it, most medical facilities don't test for Lyme and those that do, send their work to LabCorp or Quest and those two entities don't perform comprehensive tests and their marker count is much higher.

In any case, I hope you don't have it and don't see any more effects.
They did not test for Lyme and I did not have it. My niece is a critical care nurse in another hospital. When she brought it to their attention, they started me on doxycycline, while running tests. Tests have not confirmed it yet are unlikely to do so even though it is extremely likely that is the cause.

Back