Dayco Radiator Hoses on Sale ~ Amazon

You guys can check the historic prices on keepa.com, not all sales are actual sales.
By the way, OEM coolant hoses are like 25 buck for me, why go after market for 7$?
I have Dayco harmonic balancer and serp belt but wont go aftermarket with coolant hoses.

Dayco is OEM for Lexus, use and buy with confidence.
OE and aftermarket (from the same company) are a completely different animal.

I've used many dayco hoses with zero issues. What problems have you ran into?
Fitment is generally terrible. Same with Gates. Neither of them last.

I know you generally work on vehicles that are old enough to drink, so maybe it is a different story for stuff from that era?

I've used many dayco hoses with zero issues. What problems have you ran into?
I too have used dayco, still on my truck and it's been nearly 10 years since I changed them out, not swollen at all. Maybe someone should tell them they are junk and should explode? This forum is weird.

I recently got a Dayco top radiator hose from an auto parts store that start with the letter 'A'. It was dangling with gobs of other hoses like a bunch of bananas deep in the parts stack forrest. When I inspected it the rubber hose had been perforated very near one end with a thin plastic thread loop to allow it to be hanging. I bought it anyway mildly confident it wouldn't make a difference since the tiny orifice would be occluded by the radiator neck.

I was correct and the hose didn't leak but that begs the question; Why put a hole anywhere in a tube meant to flow hot pressurized liquid?

o_O

Thats because Amazon is not the seller . It's free delivery on purchases of $35 if shipped by Amazon
Too bad it's all I can get. I just bought a Dayco hose a month ago for 12.50 (2 off) along with other items for free shipping, now it's 7.50 but 5 shipping. No free shipping option.

I recently got a Dayco top radiator hose from an auto parts store that start with the letter 'A'. It was dangling with gobs of other hoses like a bunch of bananas deep in the parts stack forrest. When I inspected it the rubber hose had been perforated very near one end with a thin plastic thread loop to allow it to be hanging. I bought it anyway mildly confident it wouldn't make a difference since the tiny orifice would be occluded by the radiator neck.

I was correct and the hose didn't leak but that begs the question; Why put a hole anywhere in a tube meant to flow hot pressurized liquid?

o_O
This is exactly why I returned dayco hoses when putting a radiator in my own personal vehicle (2003 accord with 200k on it at the time). I opted to reuse my oem hoses, still were in good shape and didn’t have pin holes in them from their plastic hangers. The holes (for my application) would have been beyond the radiator / housing necks so I’m sure they would’ve leaked. If the holes land on the neck of your cooling system parts, maybe they’d be ok, but I didn’t like that personally.

This is exactly why I returned dayco hoses when putting a radiator in my own personal vehicle (2003 accord with 200k on it at the time). I opted to reuse my oem hoses, still were in good shape and didn’t have pin holes in them from their plastic hangers. The holes (for my application) would have been beyond the radiator / housing necks so I’m sure they would’ve leaked. If the holes land on the neck of your cooling system parts, maybe they’d be ok, but I didn’t like that personally.
Wow! Who's the rocket scientist who put the pinhole past the point where the radiator neck ends?! I have used Dayco on various cars over the years, and all have worked at least as long as I owned the car. When they had pinholes/hangers they were always within a few mm of the end and did not cause any problems.

I also recall seeing numerous hoses hanging in the local parts stores when I was a kid in the 70s...apparently hanging them was the norm back then!

Wow! Who's the rocket scientist who put the pinhole past the point where the radiator neck ends?! I have used Dayco on various cars over the years, and all have worked at least as long as I owned the car. When they had pinholes/hangers they were always within a few mm of the end and did not cause any problems.

I also recall seeing numerous hoses hanging in the local parts stores when I was a kid in the 70s...apparently hanging them was the norm back then!
I’ve seen plenty of hoses hang by metal hangers, they just bend the hose end into it and let the metal expand a bit to grip the hose from inside. No need to hang by a plastic tie that punctures the hose. I’d have returned it even if it was only on the neck / spout areas, just wouldn’t feel right about using them.

o_O

I've also gotten one of those hoses. I think that they are either morons or think that their market is mechanics where the end consumer is going to be blissfully unaware of this hole. I'm reasonably sure that I took a picture of the offending hose and posted it somewhere on the internet.

Back