Danica in F1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gen1GT
There's no way any NASCAR driver is even as good as Sutil, yet Sutil has only been competitive once this year.

Total horse droppings. Why do most open wheel drivers fail at Nascar? Because they don't have the skills necessary to drive a huge loose pig of a stock car.

I'm seriously sick and tired of people stating that it doesn't take driving talent to win at Nascar.

Patrick Carpentier was spinning in circles in his Nationwide car more then most politicians!

Either Scott Speed's gas pedal has been broken all year or he's afraid to mash the gas pedal to the floor and turn the wheel to the right when it gets loose.

Last edited:
Drew,

NASCAR drivers don't have talent! Just kidding, settle down. It's just a sport. Or is it? I would have to agree somewhat with Sterling Moss' idea that sport was removed from racing years ago. But that's another topic.

Gen1GT judging Sutil's talent from results this year is not fair. It depends a great deal upon the team especially in F1 as many car attributes are fixed as far back as even the design phase over the winter! They are not as easily changed as NASCAR.

1999nick,

Phyisical stresses in F1 are not typically seen in other automotive events. Heart rate of 180 for race duration. Neck strains out the wazoo. Nico Hulkenberg complained about his neck after 2 days of testing. Supposedly, Michael couldn't make the return due to neck problems that had not showed up earlier but did when prepping for F1.

I hate when people say Nascar drivers don't have talent and its easy to win in those races......

I would bet a large sum of money anyone who shares that opinion has NEVER driven a car on an oval competitively.... even when people drive their cars on road courses that use part of the oval as the track are suprised at how hard it is to stay competitive there. Nascar sometimes is divided up by hundredths of a second lap times, and thats spread out over 2+ mile tracks sometimes.... you have a hiccup and you just lost.....

if none of this makes any sense to people who hate on Nascar and say its easy......

maybe this will......

if it were truly so easy.... everybody and their grandma would be driving in Nascar making millions of dollars..... but hardly anyone can truly cut it.... How many names can you say that have been competitive for 5-10 years...... probably less then 10 names could be said... How many people on this forum drive in Nascar? probably none....

just wait for her nascar debut. i'm sure she'll win.

NOT!

her 40-70lb weight advantage wont be a factor.

neither will her inability to handle some rubbin.

She doesn't have to win in nascar. She has to be marketable. and she is! No matter how much she sucks at it. If she gets a Stewart/Hass ride(Hendrick satellite team). She will have to come up through the ranks Trucks, Nationwide,then cup unless truck wins became frequent & spectaculair. as the other greats have, Kyle Busch, Boris Said, Joey Lagano, Ricky Carmicheal, Max Papis, Colin Braun, Marcos Ambros, Steve Kinser, Carl Edwards, Juan P. Montoya. Ambrose & Montoya will be huge competitors in the cup cars next year, Both exceptional drivers with great teams but not the best teams. Montoya is a top pick for 2010. Ambrose was top ten stuff & a rookie. Danica will have a difficult time but will get paid well if a loser. She'll be in a Arca car then the truck series. To break out of that level takes serious talent.

Last edited:
Speed got dumped after he physically accosted his team manager. He also failed to live up to the billing as the next American F1 Champ, etc., etc. IF he was any good, he would still be there. Think about Senna in the Toleman - anyone coud see the brilliance he had even in that backmarker car. Look at what Vettle did for STR. Speed has nowhere near the talent.

Scott Speed is a race car driver. A rookie. He didn't get a cup car from being a slouch. He had 1 top five & 1 top ten out of 36 races & made millions of dollars. He will have a good year driving Toyota's this year. He finished 35th in the points. He will have a banner year 2010 driving the low tech cars.

Danica was doing laps in a ARCA car at Daytona just a coulpe of hours ago. Just doing laps out there running alone. She is entered in the ARCA race Saturday. she was 17th fastest in practice and 4th fastest of the 7 women entered in the race.

I'm tired of Danica and her whining. Win a race or just keep doing the Swimsuit issue.

Originally Posted By: willix
4th fastest of the 7 women entered in the race.

That's not that great, IMO. What's the big deal with her? Seems she is average to mediocre amongst women (not to go into a women vs. men area, which may not be relevant).

Just seems there is always lots of talk, but I don't recall she has won anything big, and results like this make the non-race watcher have to wonder more about what's the deal...

I'll be very suprised if she finishes in the top 20. She has top notch equipment. Naw, my money is on a DNF. ARCA cars on a super speedway is a sight to behold.

She is hot though....nothing else really matters.

By the way "boys", she came in 6th place in the ARCA race. Now she is going to step up and run the Nationwide race this Saturday at Daytona.

godaddy is her sponsor. 'nuff said
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back