Danica in F1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Juan Pablo Montoya

He was quite impressed with J.G.'s adaptability to the F1 car, too, as I recall. Who knows, maybe his ride in JG's car made JPM think NASCAR would be feasible, too.
21.gif

'Course, he's not driving a Hendrick car; wonder what he thinks of his decision now. Where can he go - not back to F1 or IRL, I wouldn't think.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: 67Chevelle
At any rate, Jeff Gordon drove the F1 car to only a few tenths shy of qualifying for the grid at that track.

What do you mean? There is no minimum time for qualifying at a F1 race. Do you mean a time good enough to not put him dead last?

Danica would get totally lost in F1. It's eating up Sebastien Bourdais and spitting him out. He's a championship level driver in US racing who is struggling to unable to keep pace with a rookie teammate. Danica's a middle of the pack driver in the US and a certain back of the pack driver in F1.

IMO, she could attain a 'sufficient' level of physical fitness. Raw body strength isn't really required, but you do need excellent endurance. I figure the left half of her neck is already fairly well developed.

As for her driving.
19.gif

Well..... who remembers the Pinball Incident at Iowa?
smirk2.gif

She'd make Ralf look like the second coming of Clark.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
At any rate, Jeff Gordon drove the F1 car to only a few tenths shy of qualifying for the grid at that track.

What do you mean? There is no minimum time for qualifying at a F1 race. Do you mean a time good enough to not put him dead last?

Maybe he was only a few tenths shy of the average green flag speed at that track. The pertinent point was that he was able to drive the car to a comparable level of an F1 driver with relatively little practice. I wish I could find the video of this.

Edit: here is the part where montoya drives the cup car but I can't seem to find the second half I will keep looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD9AEkxuu...rom=PL&index=64

Last edited:
Here is a link to an article about it and some more video:http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/wc/06/12/jgordon_montoya/index.html

Gordon was 1.3 seconds off montoya's fastest time at Indy I stand corrected.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Bror Jace said:
Don't forget that most of the men driving in F1 are petite men, about 120 to 130 pounders, usually about 5'-5" or 5'-6". She could, with physical training, handle the physical stresses

it's questionable but maybe. it does take strong abdominal muscles and connective tissues to handle 4-5 g lateral and 6+ g braking for an hour and a half...without making mistakes. just a few more each way than she's doing now

there are taller drivers, current #1 Jenson Button is about 5'10-11", Kubica and webber are near 6'. Hamilton is about 5'9" at least, but half this game is 90% mental.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
The thing you have to remember about F1 is that as you are trying to drive one of the most challenging/demanding cars on the planet, it is trying to tear your body apart with vibration and G-forces ... for about 2 hours.

I don't think a petite woman could handle the stresses. She'd have to be built like a brick $#1TTer to handle the car ... a real steroid-testing candidate.

I love Danica, and wish her the best wherever she goes ... but c'mon, let's keep it real.

Don't forget that most of the men driving in F1 are petite men, about 120 to 130 pounders, usually about 5'-5" or 5'-6". She could, with physical training, handle the physical stresses. On the other hand, she has not lately exhibited any ability to be really competitive in the IRL. Her main asset to any American F1 team would be her ability to secure sponsors.

Actually, the smallest driver is 130 lbs, and 5'6" (Nick Heidfeld). Mark Webber is 6' and 165 lbs.

Does anybody remember the "tradin paint" show done on the speed chanel probably 7 years ago? The premise of the show was that Jeff Gordon swapped rides with a F1 driver but for the life of me I can't remember who. At any rate, Jeff Gordon drove the F1 car to only a few tenths shy of qualifying for the grid at that track. Whereas, the F1 driver couldn't even get close in the cup car. My point is Rowdy Bush is probably the best candidate I have heard mentioned for the job. Thats saying alot since I don't particularly like Kyle Bush or Jeff Gordon for that matter.

Juan Pablo wasn't even trying that day. On any given day in actual F1 Racing, a driver can be 2 seconds back on the lead driver. There's no way any NASCAR driver is even as good as Sutil, yet Sutil has only been competitive once this year.

I find it funny in this old thread that people were talking good about Scott Speed.... that guy got hammered in nascar this season......... I bet they have atleast 10 drivers that can run circles around that guy in nascar........

I like Nascar, IRL, ALMS, F1.... so I don't think I am biased.... Just for racing action, I got much more entertainment out of watching IRL then I did F1 this year. Danica played no part in that entertainment. She is a mediocre IRL driver at best, in fact some of the stuff I've seen lately shows she is a bad tempered cry baby, and she almost has no business being out their on the track acting like that in the first place. F1 would ruin her career, because everyone in the world would really see just how bad of a driver she is. Its like exposing a lip synching artist on Saturday Night Live........ once you see the real deal..... everyone forgets about them after a good laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back