Seattle crushed Packers
Dallas beat Seattle easy
Detroit beat Packers
Dallas beat Detroit
Buffalo beat Packers
It can be done-they are not the 1985 Bears
I bet Rodgers is looking at the Cowboy secondary and licking his chops
It wont be easy to win up there but it might happen for the Cowboy s

Green Bay is 8-0 at home and Dallas is 8-0 on the road this year. Yes it won't be easy beating Green Bay at home and statistically speaking dome teams always have a harder time winning in January when the weather really turns. I'll be more interested in how the Cowboys respond to the cold and wind in Green Bay more than anything else.
Also to keep in mind is that Aaron Rodgers is playing with a bad calf and see how his mobility is. Calf muscles are a lot easier to cramp up in colder weather and hurt like a mofo.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Seattle crushed Packers
Dallas beat Seattle easy
Detroit beat Packers
Dallas beat Detroit
Buffalo beat Packers
It can be done-they are not the 1985 Bears
I bet Rodgers is looking at the Cowboy secondary and licking his chops
It wont be easy to win up there but it might happen for the Cowboy s

You can throw that "Dallas beat Seattle easy" thing right out the window...SEA is not even the same team now that they were then, they are about 100 times better now...and like I said, yes, Dallas COULD win this game, but it isn't likely...even with Chris Christy in the press box!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/23203...rio-for-packers

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Cowboys Are Worst-Case Scenario for Packers

1. The only team that can win in Green Bay

Green Bay will likely beat Dallas in the divisional round this weekend, but drawing the Cowboys was the Packers' worst nightmare.

There is only one team that can beat the Packers at Lambeau. It's not Seattle; not enough offense on the road. It's not Carolina; see Seattle. No team in the playoffs could beat the Packers at home except one: the Cowboys. Worst. Nightmare.

Here's why:

Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers is the best in football. He's the best of his generation, but truth is, Tony Romo isn't far behind. He's been brilliant, and most of all he's been mentally tough. I hate ESPN's QBR stat. It's more marketing than football, but this one is legitimate: Rodgers had the NFL's best QBR at home (93.0) while Tony Romo had the NFL's best QBR on the road (88.9) this season.

That's Romo's strong will at work
. Being great on the road is all a mindset. Romo right now has one of the toughest minds going. He led the NFL with a 113.2 passer rating. He had a 114 rating against Detroit.

Fact is they beat Seattle easy up there
You say they weren't the same team then,well Dallas wasn't either cause they are better now
You cant take the win away just cause you want to
Seattle got lucky this year cause they played alot of teams with lowsy quarterbacks
Now its the playoffs and most quarterbacks are good but they are playing Carolina who has the worst of the bunch

I hope you Dallas fans have the balls to show up in here after they're done so I can say I told you so...and if I am wrong, I'll take my flogging like a man...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/23203...rio-for-packers

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Cowboys Are Worst-Case Scenario for Packers

1. The only team that can win in Green Bay

Green Bay will likely beat Dallas in the divisional round this weekend, but drawing the Cowboys was the Packers' worst nightmare.

There is only one team that can beat the Packers at Lambeau. It's not Seattle; not enough offense on the road. It's not Carolina; see Seattle. No team in the playoffs could beat the Packers at home except one: the Cowboys. Worst. Nightmare.

Here's why:

Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers is the best in football. He's the best of his generation, but truth is, Tony Romo isn't far behind. He's been brilliant, and most of all he's been mentally tough. I hate ESPN's QBR stat. It's more marketing than football, but this one is legitimate: Rodgers had the NFL's best QBR at home (93.0) while Tony Romo had the NFL's best QBR on the road (88.9) this season.

That's Romo's strong will at work
. Being great on the road is all a mindset. Romo right now has one of the toughest minds going. He led the NFL with a 113.2 passer rating. He had a 114 rating against Detroit.

Blomo wouldn't make a pimple on Rodgers' a**...

Fact is they beat Seattle easy up there
You say they weren't the same team then,well Dallas wasn't either cause they are better now
You cant take the win away just cause you want to
Seattle got lucky this year cause they played alot of teams with lowsy quarterbacks
Now its the playoffs and most quarterbacks are good but they are playing Carolina who has the worst of the bunch

You crack me up...Dallas BARELY beats a Lions team with no offense, and even then it takes help from the refs to get the win and you're all cocky acting like Dallas is the best team in league...those Dallas colored glasses really impair your vision don't they?

I am not trying to put anybody's team down, but saying that the Dallas Cowboys are the only team that can win in Green Bay is silly. Seems to me Detroit played in Green Bay not too long ago and nearly beat the Packers, although the Packers did win. These are NFL teams we are dealing with. This is not college football. For all we know the Carolina Panthers might beat the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle. Now is that likely to happen? No. But it could.

Who knows what is going to happen in Green Bay? I don't bet on football. Green Bay has been hard to beat at home. So my BEST GUESS is that Green Bay will win. But that is no sure thing.

It is true that the Dallas Cowboys beat Seattle in Seattle (in the regular season). But if the Cowboys do beat Green Bay, I have a hard time thinking they are going to beat Seattle in Seattle. The Seattle Seahawks have been playing much better in the latter part of the season. And in recent history few teams have gone to Seattle and beat the Seahawks.

My BEST GUESS is that Seattle and New England will be in the Super Bowl. But we don't know. It could be the Carolina Panthers and the Colts. And as a side note the Baltimore Ravens have been one of the few teams able to beat New England in New England in the playoffs.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I hope you Dallas fans have the balls to show up in here after they're done so I can say I told you so...and if I am wrong, I'll take my flogging like a man...

What on earth are you talking about???

NO ONE said Dallas would beat Green Bay or anyone else. I even said GREEN BAY IS THE FAVORITE in the other thread. They should be, they are playing at home and in their kind of weather. Thats just common sense.

You are trying to stir something up that does not exist. Get a life.

In these playoff games a couple of turnovers in a game can make all of the difference. Typically both teams playing are very good teams. There is no guessing the score. The score could be 21-17 or the score could be 45-21.

The weather plays a role also. In Green Bay it is likely going to be very cold and there may be wind. Some quarterbacks are more affected by wind than other quarterbacks. And Green Bay is more used to playing in the cold.

Having said that, I remember the NY Giants beating the Green Bay Packers in Green Bay and the Giants going to the Super Bowl. I thought the head coach of the Giants was going to get frostbite.

A woman I used to work with offered to bet her entire paycheck for one month against my entire paycheck for one month in a Super Bowl game. I think it was the San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers. I did not take the bet. She said that San Francisco would win and I wanted the other team to win. The 49ers won. I am glad I did not take the bet. I never bet on football games.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter.....Seattle will repeat.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I am not trying to put anybody's team down, but saying that the Dallas Cowboys are the only team that can win in Green Bay is silly. Seems to me Detroit played in Green Bay not too long ago and nearly beat the Packers, although the Packers did win. These are NFL teams we are dealing with. This is not college football. For all we know the Carolina Panthers might beat the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle. Now is that likely to happen? No. But it could.

Who knows what is going to happen in Green Bay? I don't bet on football. Green Bay has been hard to beat at home. So my BEST GUESS is that Green Bay will win. But that is no sure thing.

It is true that the Dallas Cowboys beat Seattle in Seattle (in the regular season). But if the Cowboys do beat Green Bay, I have a hard time thinking they are going to beat Seattle in Seattle. The Seattle Seahawks have been playing much better in the latter part of the season. And in recent history few teams have gone to Seattle and beat the Seahawks.

My BEST GUESS is that Seattle and New England will be in the Super Bowl. But we don't know. It could be the Carolina Panthers and the Colts. And as a side note the Baltimore Ravens have been one of the few teams able to beat New England in New England in the playoffs.

Last time DET played in GB the score was 30-20, and the game wasn't even that close...and I agree with you, I also think the SB will be SEA and NE and SEA will repeat...

Ok guys
Any final thoughts on the game?
It sounds like both quarterbacks are going to play with injuries that make moving around a problem
Anyone here from up there-whats the latest on Rodgers?
Of course Dallas is my team but I like the Packers too
If GB wins I hope they will beat Seattle
Go Cowboys

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
grampi said:

I'll gladly show up. You know why? If Dallas loses, my life goes on. Dallas has greatly exceeded my expectations for this season already.

I suggest you approach sports in a like manner.

Truth be told, given that I'm a native Wisconsinite, I'll be happy with either result.

Last edited:
Sounds like some 'crow' might be served up come Sunday night. We'll have to wait until then to see who's serving and who's eating. I'll do my quarterbacking Monday morning.

Last edited:
Ok guys
Any final thoughts on the game?
It sounds like both quarterbacks are going to play with injuries that make moving around a problem
Anyone here from up there-whats the latest on Rodgers?
Of course Dallas is my team but I like the Packers too
If GB wins I hope they will beat Seattle
Go Cowboys

All I've heard about Rodgers is that he's playing...I doubt he's any worse off than he was in the DET game, but I would also guess he'll be staying in the pocket and not running much...he did this very thing against DET and he picked that secondary apart...he'll probably do the same to Dallas, but this game will probably be closer because Dallas actually has an offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back