Cut Open - Purolator Classic L20195

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D

The phrase "all that analysis" is not supported by the letter.

He's saying they incorporated some changes that may resolve the issue.

"We have done some physical and theoretical analysis (to include another 45 minutes just this afternoon) and have implemented a few improvements."

As he said, they are always making improvements. Since he doesn't indicate there is an issue, nor that they have found an issue, saying that they made changes that might resolve the issue is not only not supported by the plain text, it's outright fabrication.

Since that appears to be your modus operandi, I'll just leave it there.

He's responding specifically to the guys who sent in filters with torn media. You think he's just talking in general terms telling those guys all about Purolators general activities over the last month regardless if there were reports of torn media? I don't, I think he's specifically talking about what they have done related to the reports of torn media. He's going to talk in general terms, as he's not going to go in explicit details on what they think the root cause and fix was. He just indicates that some "undisclosed improvements" were made. This is big corporate normal operating procedure.

You read it however you want, but it's pretty clear to me what his writing intentions are in that letter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
You read it however you want, but it's pretty clear to me what his writing intentions are in that letter.

The plain words do not support the construction you've placed on them.

The filter looks good. Most of the tearing has been on metal crimp seam models, IMO they spread the pleats too far on those at manufacture and they can't always take it.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The filter looks good. Most of the tearing has been on metal crimp seam models, IMO they spread the pleats too far on those at manufacture and they can't always take it.

It's definitely a factor. Just like the ecors that had widely spaced pleats that tried to fold over, then blow-out over a large center cage window. Any kind of excessive side forces on the pleats isn't a good thing if the media can't take the force.

How will you know the "New and Improved" on the retailers shelf?

The 20195 Purolator Classic's that I have in my stash are from 2+ years ago with the Kmart Closing closeouts. It's anyone's guess how long these filters were on the shelf at Kmart before I scooped them up for a dollar. Same with the Purolator Classic Air Filters, the boxes had become discolored with age but the contents was new and in pristine condition.

I feel confident using these Purolator Classic Air and Oil filters that were vintage at the time of my purchase.

might it be possible to use a small probe, insert into center tube, and probe through the center tube holes/perforations, to feel for pleat gaps? Edit: Looks like maybe a visual inspection might be enough?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back