cut open PL14612

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to brag about. Everything is fine, reason I only took media pictures.Yellow flakes from filter can, wasn't my best cut. Media was straight all way round, rubber was soft.
It's a tiny P1 from my Dad's truck. 06 Frontier with VQ25DE.
It was on for 7300 miles with G-oil.
7779684058_42f6587a31_b.jpg

7779685058_de55e938b7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing to brag about? I suppose not, but looks like is held up quite nicely at 7300 miles and did it's job. In my experience, the smaller P1's like this and it's longer version, the PL14610, tend to have straighter, more uniform pleating. Not that perfect pleats are vital factor imo, but the aesthetics of wavy pleats bother some. And the P1 uses a silicone not nitrile adbv.

Thanks for the pics.

Looks like it did its job just fine. Especially for that many miles. Some feel that a Pure One is not good for extended runs. Used to run them for 2 5K OCI's all the time on my 2005 Accord.

This truck usually sees 10k ocis. Last ones was with PP and Bosch filter for 10500 miles. Filter looked same and oil had some TBN left.(If someone interested I can find links to pictures and UOA, UOA for this G-oil should come shortly)
This time I messed up and grabbed jug of G-oil with used oil in it, already installed new P1 and started pouring used oil, stopped in couples of secs, sucked out used oil again, and poured 4qt of 10w-40 Kendall with Titanium which I fortunately happened to have in the back of truck( I was 5-10 min away from garage where my stash is located).Also added a can of LM MoS2, and slowly drove to garage and added 1 more qt of Kendall 10w-30.
Will change this oil beforre winter.

Last edited:
The 14612 Purolator is a great filter. I use them on my subaru. Always well constructed, tight even pleats. One of my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back