Cruise Ship Adrift...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I still don't understand the point of cruises. This makes it even harder to understand.

Cruising is economical and we have enjoyed it. I would argue that if you have to travel to board the ship much of the benefit is negated.

Living in Houston we can just hire a car to take use to the cruise terminal 30 miles away in Galveston. This puts my mind at ease as I don’t want either of our cars parked in a lot or garage for a week. Nor do I want then parked right by the salt water…

We took a seven day to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Granted it is touristy and much focus is placed on shopping but it is relaxing. I enjoy the sea days more than the ports. There is much to do, eat, and drink and it is all included except the booze and the sodas.

If you don’t get carried away with drink, shore excursions, and shopping it is cheaper than spending a week driving, eating out, and staying at hotels. It is also cheaper than flying to a destination and staying a full week or so. This last time we splurged and got a suite with a balcony, Jacuzzi tube, etc. and still only spent just over two grand…

X2, cruises are an amazingly great value.

I cannot begin to tell you what a bargain they are. My Wife and I have been all over on them without a bad experience yet, maybe we're just lucky.

Absolutely the best vacation out there for less than a hundred bucks a day complete!!! Check out vacationstogo.com and other sites for amazing bargains...

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
But how many good hotels on land go to Cozumel and Grand Cayman???

Exactly people don't want to go on vacation to a hotel resort where they already are and with the same ol local people. Boring.

To be a fair comparison, they would have to take a jet to a Carribean resort. How much fuel would be burned for 2-3k people to travel there by jet? I'm guess at least as much or more than the cruise ship. And like you said they won't be losing several hours each way traveling to the resort since they'll be on the resort the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back