Craftsman 2 1/4 ton trolley jack missing plug

I'm helping a friend with a tool issue. He loaned out his Craftsman 2 1/4 ton trolley jack and the guy returned it with the plug missing. It's the valve that you tighten to raise the jack and loosen to lower the jack. Apparently, the guy loosen it too much and lost it? Then his friend moved!

I have tried to find the parts diagram and had no luck. . Can someone help me find the part? I hate to just toss it out

Never loan out your tools!

That said, please provide the model number, in order to locate the correct parts diagram.

Here is the model number

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3011.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3011.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 23
I can only see a crude diagram on searspartsdirest.com so you may need to check whether the pil plug is correct. Just Google the model number and sears parts direct and you will fond the page.

It seems like you’re missing the release valve. Underneath it should be a ball bearing that actually seals the valve. If the release valve is missing, you might be missing the ball bearing too.

Have you had any luck finding parts? I would guess with those small trolley jacks is that Sears will probably list the part as discontinued, and if you find the original manufacturer, they’ll want to sell you a new hydraulic cylinder instead.

I have a really hard time finding any replacement parts for Sears products. If you can find the part number, hopefully it will cross reference to something else.

If that doesn't pan out, you might get lucky and find out who made it for Sears and go that route. That might be pretty hard to determine for a jack.

Never would have guessed that a company like Sears would have gone out of business

Back