CR Mag & Michelin HydroEdge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has CR Mag romoved the Michelin Hydro Edge form their recomended list of tires? I just got my April issue(the all car issue) of CR Magazine, and in this issue is their 4 recomended tiers in all catigorys. The Hydro Edge isn't there but the H727's still are along with some new choices in the LRR and the new G/Y Tripple Tread

I got the Michelin that are about $6.79 as the looked better than the $4.50 Anco and the Michelin were rated highly by CR. Have you looked online at their current ratings? I am a fan of less expensive wipers replaced more often.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I got the Michelin that are about $6.79 as the looked better than the $4.50 Anco and the Michelin were rated highly by CR. Have you looked online at their current ratings? I am a fan of less expensive wipers replaced more often.

Aren't we talking about tires here?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: barlowc

21.gif

Some people cut up old tires and glue them to wiper beams to use as a cost-saving measure.

21.gif

Those Chinese made tires are getting really cheap.

The new Defender replaces the HydroEdge and the Harmony sisters. Apparently they will have a review of the new Defender in October after testing. Neither the HydroEdge nor the Harmony sisters are on the list as they are discontinued but they are still excellent tires if you can get a deal on them.

Ahhh, I didn't know that the Michelin HydroEdge was being discontinued(so soon it seems) as CR will only list products that customers can actually buy.

Although I had seen some posts in regards to the new replacement, I have read little here about the DEFENDER and hadn't made the connection that they were the HydroEdge's replacement.

I'm a bit surprised that Michelin chose to change the name of the HydroEdge(a successfull tire) unless the new replacement tires don't have that same look as the G/Y TT's. I'll have to go back and re-read somemore!

Thanks,
CB

Consumer Reports is pretty good at keeping at least their tire testing results current. Even if a tire has been recommended in the past (like the Michelin HydroEdge), they will remove it from the table if it's not generally available any more.

Originally Posted By: cchase

21.gif

Some people cut up old tires and glue them to wiper beams to use as a cost-saving measure.

And then there must be some who take wiper blade inserts and wrap them around their rims as a cost-saving measure?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back