Coolant questions. 2002 Acura RSX and 2004 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok first the RSX(sisters car). We have 90k miles on the car and never changed any of the fluids yet. So I will be changing everything soon. Now do I have to use the Honda Antifreeze or can I get something from Autozone.

He use to have a 99 suburban and I remember the coolant killed the head gasket. Do the 2004 Tahoes have the same issue. The coolant is still nice and pink.

What should i change this out to?

The newer V8 does not have a wet intake manifold. But I still wouldn't put Dex in anything I own. You can put anything in it as long as you don't mix coolants.

The Honda stuff seems to be pretty good and may be worth sticking to or you can put anything in it too just like the Chevy.

Just don't mix em.

I've put the generic green stuff in my Honda radiator in my Integra (your sister's RSX is a newer Integra) and personally it's worked fine for me. I've also used the Honda coolant which is in it now. No noticeable difference at all. My 2 cents... I don't know if Honda changed much with the cooling system in the newer Integra that your sister has where it would require the special stuff (whatever it may be) in the standard Honda coolant... If it's not too expensive, I would just play it safe and use the Honda stuff in the Integra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back