Cookies (not the kind you bake)

I routinely reject all 3rd part cookies and while it's a pain to have to do so it's because of the GDPR privacy regulation require the web site to ask your permission. Bear in mind that before these regulations you didn't get asked and got cookies whether you liked them or not.

Cookies are arguably a measure of how responsible a web site is. I judge a good site as one where the default settings is essential cookies only which I believe they are supposed to do under GDPR. It's taken a while for the majority of web sites to fall in line on this and I will not access a site that is not in compliance. A really good site will now allow you to deal with cookies permissions with just one click. The sites I hate are the ones that having accepted essential cookies only, they keep coming back asking for more.

All browsers have settings which allow you to control cookies and delete them either individually or in their entirety.

Cookies are a very minor threat in the grand scheme of things. I don't pay much attention to them.Every year or three I delete them all and start over, but it's annoying logging back into everything.

Where does one go to clear a browser or find "browser extensions" to install?
Depending on the browser look for the Hamburger/Browser Menu/ Settings. Look for Privacy ->Cookies. There should be an entry called Extensions in Settings.

On my edge browser I can delete all 3rd party cookies with one click leaving 1st party cookies intact. For some reason a couple of websites login cookies end up in the 3rd party cookies section one of which is BITOG. Not a big issue though.

Someone mentioned 2nd party cookies. There are only 1st party and 3rd party cookies. You are the 2nd party.

Back