Confused on what GM filter to use for my '12 and '13 Impala 3.6 LFX.

I'm trying to harmonize my filter inventory. We drive a lot of miles so I'm changing oil about once every month or less it seems. Currently I'm using Champ PH10063XL filters I get from RockAuto ($4.84/ea). I just found two ACDelco UPF63R's and one UPF64R. Can I also use those filters up with the LFX? I read here on the pressure bypass valve increase with the UPF63R but I'm not sure if that matters with the LFX.
Note that my OCI's with these 3.6's is 3500-4000 miles or when GM Oil life hits 50%. Great engine but VVT needs clean oil...

Yes the PF64/PF63E bypass are at 22psi but the UPF63R bypass is set to something in the 30's. Would that still be okay?

Yes the PF64/PF63E bypass are at 22psi but the UPF63R bypass is set to something in the 30's. Would that still be okay?
I would say yes, because one of the engines that the UPF63R is specified for probably has a higher volume oil pump than your engine. The filter bypass only operates based on the delta-p created by the oil flow volume and oil viscosity factors.

is there an update beyond the one I attached???...I ask as I have the LF3 engine and despite what I've been told from one Cadillac dealership but denied at another, the UPF-63(R) is not mentioned for that particular engine...furthermore I have noticed that the current version of the PF-63(E) appears to be better made than it was in the recent past...appears to me to be heavier and the "can" seems to be thicker...

Bill

Back