Cone Filter vs Mushroom Filter / Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd stay away from both of those filters. Oiled foam is known to be one of the worst filtering medias out there. OK for your lawnmower, not good for your automobile. If you want to run a cone filter, K&N is a much better choice, wrapped with a prefilter for extremely dusty conditions.

Quality paper filters are the best filters available. Unless there is a restriction in the intake plumbing to make the hoodline low or to fit there won't be any horse power gain.

Not even sure what a mushroom filter is (sorry -- I'm too lazy to click the link), but would simply suggest that, when comparing the SAME filter media, the filter with the highest surface area wins, even if the filter is intentionally shaped to resemble Britney Spear's rack.

I agree with the others -- good 'ol boring, sleepy, big yawner, dullsville, wouldn't-ever-impress-a-girl-into-bed pleated paper filters are the best available combination in regards to filtration, flow, and cost. Some of the other medias MIGHT flow a tick better, but they also tend to allow a bit more particulates through as well. Good for racing, but not for street vehicles. No free lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back