combined tire threads by Ram Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would pick any of the good tires suggested in your other 2 tire posts that are still on the front page.

Any reason in particular you started 3 separate threads for tires on the same car?

Maybe the mods could combine them into one giant RAM_TIRE_FEST Thread.
49.gif

You should also consider Kumho's Solus TA71. I also like the Dunlop Signature II and Falken Ziex ZE950.

Don't forget about Discount Tire as well!

Out of those choices I would pick the P4's. I know them well and found them to be decent.

I was very impressed by Contis until 20k, after that they were rubbing off too quickly with all the obligatory alignment checks and rotations every 5k miles. Pirelli is the best in my experience with Towncars. FWIW, as every make and model may be very different.

assuming you are talking about the Focus.
I'd go with The Pirelli's.
I bought those same ones for my Neon a couple years back. they handled every condition nature could throw at me with flying colors. dry, wet,pouring, polar vortex with many inches of snow, and weeks of subzero temps. Everything.

I decided on them off of one review in particular (forget if it was on TireRack, or Discount Tire's site)
same tire, same car, in MI. they handled the snow well enough he never felt the need to switch to winter tires.

I have a similar glowy feeling about the P6's that came on my Sable.

I've owned 3 sets of Pirelli Tires in my day(3 different cars), and they've all been excellent.

all that said, I always try and find reviews from folks with the same car in a similar Climate. Just because tire A is awesome sauce on my car, doesn't mean it's just as good on a similar model..(Neon/Focus, etc), too many variables.

but as much as i love my Pirelli's, not sure i'll buy another set after the sale to China...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
What size are these in? I put in 2014 Focus into TireRack and don't see the prices you've noted in your OP
21.gif

He has the 15" wheels. The price is Discount Tire after 3 mail in rebates for the Labor Day sale.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I would pick any of the good tires suggested in your other 2 tire posts that are still on the front page.

Any reason in particular you started 3 separate threads for tires on the same car?

49.gif

My other thread was about starfire tires which i never ever said i was buying I simply asked for more info on them and you assumed i was interested in buying them.

Since I like to keep money in my pocket, the Kumho Solus TA11 it is for me. I have a set of the Kumho Sense tires that work great so far.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: Rand

49.gif

My other thread was about starfire tires which i never ever said i was buying I simply asked for more info on them and you assumed i was interested in buying them.

I seem to remember this thread as well

still on the front page.

What is your opinion of best tires for the money for a passenger car
My priorities are this
1. Handling/grip
2. Noise
3. Wear
These are my top priorities in order. Obviously its all a compromise of sorts but i want a decent set of tires without breaking the bank to bad.

and that was my point you could have easily posted the starfire question into that thread..

as well as this 3rd tire thread into that original thread.

This cluster of posts is the equivalent of posting a separate topic for each step in replacing brakes.

I guess I could just start copy pasting my reply when you start 3 topics about the same thing.

Whats next topic 4 about alternative sizing?

I have the Pirellis on my '93 244 in 205/60-15, and the General RT43s on my g/f's Subaru in 205/55-16. Both are good; I think the Generals are little better in the rain, but that might just be the AWD Subaru vs. the RWD Volvo. You might also consider the Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring - I recently put a set on my '94 944T in 195/65-15, and they are very impressive so far.

The price makes the kumho hard to not think about. How do kumhos compare to other better known brands?

The price makes the kumho hard to not think about. How do kumhos compare to other better known brands?

Kumho makes quality tires. At least as good as General, Hankook, Dunlop, BFG, Cooper, and Falken.

Kumho's TA71 is similar to the RT43, Dunlop Signature II, Pure Contact, and CS5 Ultra

Best tires I've ever had are Kumho's. Smooth,quiet,and last forever,PLUS they're the cheapest too! Worst tires hands down were Falken. Noisy,wore out fast,and fell apart.

So i should definitely consider them? For the price they're hard to pass that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back