College Baseball

Highly recommend it. College closest to me is D3, however, team is very good and the games are free. Only downside is parking can be a challenge

Big fan of college baseball. My son's friend & HS teammate graduated from his prep school last year. D1 kid to St. John's. Adam (Agresti) is a beast. Check out the video of St. John's upsetting Florida. Adam's first game went 2-4 with two doubles. One was off the RF wall. My sophomore & senior are chomping at the bit to play college ball.

Yes indeed. I have had season baseball tickets at Florida State since 1983 and attended games since 1980. I have seen some great baseball over the past 45 years. The talent level is obviously below the MLB level but the enthusiasm level of the players can be off the charts. Plus if watching college ball at the level FSU plays you are guaranteed to see future MLB players on the field every season. And with the reduction in the number of minor league teams and fewer rounds in the draft (plus NIL cash for college players) you will see more talent sticking around the college rosters.

Big fan of college baseball. My son's friend & HS teammate graduated from his prep school last year. D1 kid to St. John's. Adam (Agresti) is a beast. Check out the video of St. John's upsetting Florida. Adam's first game went 2-4 with two doubles. One was off the RF wall. My sophomore & senior are chomping at the bit to play college ball.

Too bad the other 2 games got rained out. I will watch the link tonight... cannot get enough baseball.

Highly recommend it. College closest to me is D3, however, team is very good and the games are free. Only downside is parking can be a challenge
Love when schools keep the cost reasonable (or even better free). I went to the Columbia regionals last year and parking was $25.... so i parked at a nearby Amtrack station and walked about a mile 😂

Yes indeed. I have had season baseball tickets at Florida State since 1983 and attended games since 1980. I have seen some great baseball over the past 45 years. The talent level is obviously below the MLB level but the enthusiasm level of the players can be off the charts. Plus if watching college ball at the level FSU plays you are guaranteed to see future MLB players on the field every season. And with the reduction in the number of minor league teams and fewer rounds in the draft (plus NIL cash for college players) you will see more talent sticking around the college rosters.
FSU has been a powerhouse for a lot of years... watching at almost any level of D1 or even JUCO ball you get to see future MLB guys. There are tons of schools that people have never heard of that regulary whip up on big name schools now. Oral Roberts, Dallas Baptist, Campbell to name a few.

FSU has been a powerhouse for a lot of years... watching at almost any level of D1 or even JUCO ball you get to see future MLB guys. There are tons of schools that people have never heard of that regulary whip up on big name schools now. Oral Roberts, Dallas Baptist, Campbell to name a few.
True. And I've seen some of those small schools beat up my FSU boys many times. If a small school has a top notch pitcher they can beat anybody when that pitcher in on his game. That is what makes college ball so much fun.

My home town university, The University of West Florida, is a D2 school that plays a good brand of ball. They won the national championship a few years ago

Yes; I catch some college games when I get a chance (pun intended).
I don't like professional sports; too much $$$ and large egos, so college is my alternative (though NIL is pretty much ruining that as well).

I don’t follow it. I mostly follow the MLB and local minor league teams including the one my dealership owns. I do plan to see a Virginia Tech baseball game this summer. Since my work is a sponsor they often give out tickets so I’m going to try to win some to go. If I don’t win I’ll buy tickets and go. I’ve been wanting to go to their games for years. We are also going to two MLB games this summer so I’m going to work the college games in.

Went to the CWS back in like 2008 with my mom. She was a huge LSU baseball fan. Since she passed away in 2017, haven't really paid much attention unfortunately.

Agree that NIL is ruining college sports, especially the big money making ones like football and basketball. We raised our family in a small town south of Omaha. I have fond memories of attending CWS games at Rosenblatt with the kids.

Would love to go to Omaha, I watched almost every pitch of the CWS last year on TV. What an incredible atmosphere. My dad has friends in Omaha that said we are welcome to stay if the Camels get in there :D

Been to the CWS a couple times in Omaha. Only because I would get free tickets from work. Took Daughter and Granddaughter.
Granddaughter played fast pitch softball. Always took her glove in hope of catching a fly ball. We had fun, but I was not a fan.

I don’t follow it. I mostly follow the MLB and local minor league teams including the one my dealership owns. I do plan to see a Virginia Tech baseball game this summer. Since my work is a sponsor they often give out tickets so I’m going to try to win some to go. If I don’t win I’ll buy tickets and go. I’ve been wanting to go to their games for years. We are also going to two MLB games this summer so I’m going to work the college games in.
Tech has a solid program. I would guess tix are $10 each and you can probably park for free if u dont mind walking a little. Best part is the fans that are they usually know the game - so u dont get some idiot sitting 800 yards away from home plate complaining about balls and strikes. Many of the players parents attend games and they can give you some REALLY unique insight into why pitching changes occur/pinch runners/etc. If I lived closer to my alma mater I would 100% have season tix.

Back